A cup of coffee!!

As the rain drizzled down on the hotel garden, Krish and Ruhi sat silently with a cup of coffee in hand, surrounded by the serene beauty of nature. The moment was in contrast to the chaos of the previous night when their college reunion party had gone late into the night.

The two had been divorced for four years, but the reunion had brought them together again, albeit awkwardly. Yet, as they sat together in the peaceful morning, the tension between them began to dissipate.

"Ab samjh aaya tumne jab pehli baar mere saath coffee pi thi tab kaisa laga hoga," Krish spoke making a face, taking a small sip of the warm liquid in hand.

Ruhi's eyes went wide as she looked at him with a frown.

"Aise kya dekh rahi ho? Hamesha se janta tha tumhe coffee nahi pasand, tumhari sakal bata deti thi," he answered the unasked question, reminiscing about the older times.

"Phir..." she spoke, unable to form the correct question.

"Tumhe chedne ke liye humesha coffee banata tha, dekhna chahta tha ki kab tak pi paogi mere khatir coffee." A smile on his lips turned wider as he continued gazing at the rain in front of him.

Her expressions turned somber as she realized how she had now adapted to the thing she once hated. Initially she started to make herself coffee whenever she missed him, but slowly it became an integral part of her life—maybe caffeine addiction, maybe his.

A little later, as he stood up after finishing his cup, her startled voice came, "Ab samjh aaya matlab." He didn't answer; he just left the place with a serene smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A quick update:)

Not rechecked might contain grammatical errors;

~ Shivangi ♥️

-----------------------------------------------------------