3

Emily woke to the sound of her phone buzzing. She rolled over to check the time, 5:37am, and saw incoming text messages from an unknown number.

Penelope: Hi Emily! It's Penelope.

Penelope: Garcia

Penelope: from the FBI

Penelope: Well the BAU to be specific

Penelope: I forgot to give you my number!

Emily laughed at the incoming flow of texts from the very colourful woman she had met the day prior, she seemed just as excitable over text as she did in person.

Emily: Hi Penelope! It's so good to hear from you! I will save your number :)

Penelope: oh thank god it's you! I was scared I accidentally typed in the wrong number

Penelope: I just wanted to give you an update!

Penelope: I have been going through all your transfer paperwork and everything checks out!

Penelope: I can see it has been filed correctly with admin and signed by the section chief, so in theory, no problemo!

Emily: oh.. well that's great to know! Thank you so much again, honestly. I really appreciate it.

Penelope: yeah it's great!

Penelope: that means we should get to work together soon!

Penelope: you're resumé is pretty impressive!

Penelope: oh.. I hope you don't mind I read that

Penelope: it sort of came up in all the digging and I couldn't help myself

Penelope: I wanted to see who the new girl was before I gave my super special seal of approval

Penelope: which I totally do by the way!

Penelope: oh god

Penelope: I just realised the time! I'm so sorry!

Emily laughed sleepily, the messages coming in way too fast for her to respond to each one. But the nod of approval felt reassuring. She figured that if Penelope didn't approve of her she wouldn't have bothered reaching out, so this was a promising sign. She also got the impression that Penelope was thorough, and if there truly was an error in the system, she would have caught it.

Emily: haha, it's okay! I was getting up soon anyway, it's no bother, really!

Penelope: oh good! Sorry I've been up all night working on this case, I may have had a little too much caffeine haha!