𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 | Stay With Me

⁽ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗᵉⁿ ⁻ ʰⁱˢ ˢⁱˢᵗᵉʳˢ ᵏᵉᵉᵖᵉʳ⁾

The night was thick with the scent of pine and the soft murmurs of voices filling the air. The campfire crackled, sending sparks in the air. Sitting on a log, the warmth of the fire kissed Wesley's face. His gaze was lost in the flames, deep in thought, the weight of worry pressing heavily on his chest. Nova was nowhere to be found, and he has no idea where she could be.

Breaking him out of his thoughts, he distantly heard Bellamy asking Clarke if she had seen Octavia. At those words, he immediately jumped up and headed over to the Blake boy, his heart pounding in his chest. The urgency in Bellamy's voice added to his anxiety, and he could feel the adrenaline surging through his veins as he approached the duo, desperate for any news about his missing sister.

"Octavia's gone too?" He questions.

Bellamy's eyes instantly meet Wesley's, "Too?"

Wesley responded with a slight nod, his eyebrows furrowing. "I can't find Nova anywhere either," he said, looking around at the other teens who seemed to have no idea what was going on, before looking back to Bellamy. "Not since she left with Octavia."

The two boys and Clarke decided to do a sweep through the camp, attempting to find their sisters. They checked all the tents and asked everyone they passed by if they knew anything about the whereabouts of the girls. But to no avail, they were nowhere to be found.

Bellamy gathered the delinquents together, with him and Wesley standing in the middle of the group. "Everyone, gather around and grab a weapon," he commanded. "Both of our sisters have been out there alone for 12 hours. Arm up, we're not coming back without them."

Everyone slowly registered his words, taking their time to walk towards the weapons before Wesley scoffed, "Could you guys move any slower? We don't have all day, get going."

-

The air was damp and cold, the room so dark it felt like a weight pressing down on them. As Nova and Octavia slowly regain consciousness, the pain in their bodies was the first thing they noticed. Every movement brought a new wave of pain. Nova looks down, and sees blood soaking through her shirt.

The rough, uneven ground beneath them was uncomfortable, and the walls of the unfamiliar cave only added to their fear. Nova could hear Octavia grunting in pain while attempting to stand up, as well as random creaks coming from around them, but there was no light, no sign of how they had gotten there. Panic began to set in as they realized they were alone, injured, and no one knows where they are.

Nova grabbed Octavia's hand in an attempt to comfort her, before leaning in and whispering, "How did we get here?" The last thing the blonde remembered was tripping and falling down the steep hill. She had no recollection of how they ended up in this situation.