Kapitulo Cuatro

I'm gonna be graduating from junior high in a few weeks.

Finally!

Our picture taking is today that's why my kuya's got me a makeup artist. I told them na kaya ko naman mag makeup mag-isa ko, but they insisted.

They curled my hair and my makeup look was a soft glam as I requested. I love it!

The school required a filipiniana also. They wanted two looks, school uniform and filipiniana.

Our school also allowed to bring anyone to our graduation picture as long as we pay for the extra shots. That's why my brothers are gonna come with me. They also wanted to have picture of us three.

I haven't told my brothers yet the awards that I will get. Actually in my family, wala pa akong nasabihan.

"Uhm kuya..your sister is the valedictorian of the batch." I said, nervously. And I didn't even know why I was nervous.

Proudness can be seen through their eyes. I love them both.

Kuya Luis looked at me, "Congratulations my dear Cai! I'm so happy for you." My soft heart can't!

"I am also graduating as with highest honors." I added. They both smiled from ear to ear.

"Ang galing naman talaga ng bunso namin oh! Congrats, Callie! I love you so much" Kuya Alfonso said while driving.

"I love you too, kuya."

"Hmm, what gift do you like?" He asked. I don't want any. I want a complete family which is never going to happen.

"Uhm don't bother nalang kuya, we're getting naman na po yung birthday gift nila mommy't daddy sa akin right? so it's okay, promise!"

Everyone feels like I have everything because I can afford nice things. If I have to pick between broke but happy family or rich but broken family, I would really choose a happy family.

Although i'm getting okay, I still dream for my parents to get back together. And I don't even know why.

But everytime I remember all those special and important events in my life which my parents didn't even attend to, I feel like they don't exist.

Do I just love them because they're my parents and I couldn't do anything to change that?

I came back to reality when kuya Luis snapped his finger, "Ang lalim nang iniisip ah" He laughed.

"I'm just thinking about random things kuya, ang boring kasi e" I didn't tell them that I was thinking about our parents again.

That night at the pool, we promised each other to heal, move on and enjoy life without thinking of our parents.

Although connection with them is okay. We'll move on by detaching ourselves emotionally from the both of them.

When we arrived at my school, some are with their parents, some are alone and others are with their siblings as well.

I am so happy that I am about to leave this school. I was supposed to study here until college but since I get bullied a lot in here, my brothers decided to transfer me to another school which is International School Manila in BGC because it was the nearest school from our house.

A lot of things happened to us lately, life has been so busy. From moving out and moving into our new house, all the schoolworks that I had to pass and those exams that I pulled an all nighter for. But seeing the "with highest honor" title that I got? I can totally say that every sweat and tears were all worth it. And the best part? I am the only one to graduate with highest honors. Solo ko ang stage!