Chapter 1

A kiss, a kiss after a date on a fair, but still a Kiss. That's how every love story should start. And that's how Sam thought hers was going to.

But she was wrong. Real life's very different from fairy tales.

- - -

Networks. That's what brought Lou to this 'party'. It's full of old men in tux's; he knows he must endure these social procedures. Tonight, is special only because he will see his mentor in the parliament whom helped him when he was just a nervous intern: Mr. Moore or Frank as he had asked him to call him. "Hopefully we will see each other often, son. Work hard enough and you will make it." Were his mentor's words at the end of the evening.

Wasn't until 3 years later that Lou had the time to join Mr. Moore at his house as an honorable member of the parliament himself.

Waiting for the door to be open while holding a bottle of wine in one hand and his car keys on the other. "Welcome, please come in, Mr. Moore will attend you in a minute." Said a maid to him while walking him to the lounge.

As he walks in, he gets to catch a glimpse of several family portraits hanging from the walls; Birthdays and vacations in the beach, kids bulling one of the siblings in some. Distracted by his surroundings he lost sight of the maid and walked himself to a door where he hears some sounds. Opening he realizes it is the kitchen and the noise he heard is a girl making something to eat.

She's wearing headphones and has her back to him so she hasn't noticed him while she keeps dancing rhythmically to whatever song she's listening to. Something about her is mesmerising; the way she moves so slowly yet so determined. Or maybe is how she's making a simple sandwich taking all the time in the world. She awakens a sense of familiarity in him but he can't figure it out where it comes from. After all, this is the first time visiting his mentor's house.

He slowly retreats from the door and makes his way to the lounge as Mr. Frank appears on the doorway. "Sorry to keep you waiting Lou, something came up. You know how it is." Standing up and hugging him.

Lou lets him know that it's okay. Taking a drink and sitting down making conversation. "Anyway, how have you been? I haven't seen you around the office for a couple of weeks now."

Stuttering Mr. Moore makes up excuses about business, traveling, and family business. Which seems strange to Lou cause Mr. Moore is the hardest worker he has ever met in the parliament.

Once the maid has announced that dinner is ready, they start walking to the dining room. Midway they run into the girl from the kitchen. "Oh girl, I wasn't expecting you to be here, all good?" Frank asks looking worried but upset the most.

She looks up and turns red, realizing his dad has company over and she is wearing a worn-out t-shirt and some shorts from her old volleyball team; mouth half open inches away from taking a bite of her sandwich. Lou watches her every move feeling enchanted but nervous by Frank's disapproval looks throw her way.

"Sorry... I...I was supposed to go to my friend's house but..." she slowly looks their way and keeps stuttering. "But I have a test and rather stay in to... to study."

She ends her answer and looks at Lou, he is about to save her from more embarrassment but Frank quickly interrupts.

"Lou, this is my daughter Samantha, apologizing her outfit, she is a top medicine student." Obviously bragging about her merits, which is something she hates.

"Nice to meet you Lou, I'm Sam." she directs her attention to the guest to be polite instead.

"Nice meeting you too." He replies shaking her hand with a kindly smile. "Great handshake, firm and steady, worthy of a top surgeon."