--- ZERO. Prologue

┍━☽【❖】☾━┑

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 : 𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐎, 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐀 & 𝐓𝐀𝐎 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

        ────────── HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT WHY SOME PEOPLE GET SECOND CHANCES? SHE DIDN'T EITHER. IT WAS AN EVERLASTING QUESTION THAT PLAGUED HER MIND.

        The question itself caused her brain to fry one too many times, making her grit her teeth in annoyance and clench her hands in scarlet locks that were used to her antics by now. Segmental midnight blue and glowing gold peered down at curious eyes of the ocean, and their waves were far from calm.

Her expression was supposedly bland of any flavour, but the boy knew better than anyone. Those heterochromatic orbs were star-filled mysteries that needed to be solved, and she especially wanted those answers herself. His lips turned into a bright smile as he kept his firm palms against the flesh of her bare thighs as he carried her on his back.

"Don't worry, Mi," he spoke with a boyish tone, looking forward again, careful not to bump into a pole like last time——— for someone that was supposedly superhuman, he sure had terrible spatial awareness, huh? Or maybe that was only when it came to her, in every sense, she would became his top priority if needed. "We'll be able to eat really good soon! Are you craving anything specific maybe?"

With her fingers still entangled within his scarlet locks, the girl stayed quiet for a thoughtful moment. "Taiyaki," was her one worded monotonous response, eyes flickering to the woman walking next to them. "But you don't like sweet stuff do you, Tao-san?"

"If you want it, it's fine," responded the older woman, essentially their guardian as she overlooked them now. Ever since she saved them from a raging despair, it only made sense that the girl accounted the older woman's dislike for sweet things. "I'm sure Al wants some too,"

"Mhh~! Taiyaki sounds great!" Gushed Alma——— or affectionately called 'Al' by both females——— tilting his head back to look back in pretty eyes that swirled with colours he didn't think would ever go well together, but she made it seem so effortless to look so pretty with them. "I think I have a taiyaki coupon too! We can grab all the taiyaki you want, Miko!"

Narumiya Miko's——— sometimes called the nickname 'Mi' by her loved ones——— lips curled up into a soft smile as she gazed at the beaming boy, feeling the cold wind tickle her face and gently run through her ebony locks. "That sounds good, Al," responded Miko, gently pushing his head forward so he could focus. 

"Focus on the path ahead," Saotome Tao——— respectively called 'Tao-san' by both teenagers that owed their lives to her——— told Alma lightly, taking out a cigarette. "Lighter,"