FOUR

Your heart was pounding as you stood there in shock. What was Ultron talking about? Secrets? Potential? What could possibly be in your files that Ultron was interested in? You knew that you didn't have much memory of your past, but it was worrisome that there were files out there somewhere with all that information. Panic rose inside of you as your thoughts spiraled. Steve was the first to reach you, with Tony right behind him. Tony grabbed your shoulders and gently shook you to try and bring you back to your senses.

"Y/N? Y/N?" Tony called. "Are you hurt?" Fear was laced in every part of his tone and eyes. You barely responded with a nod of your head. "Are you sure?" He moved his hands to carefully hold your face, eyes raking over you for injuries.

"I can heal, remember," you shakily responded.

"Yeah... okay... good." Tony pressed a kiss onto your forehead before running up the stairs to the lab, others following after him.

Steve's hand found its way onto your back, rubbing comforting circles. "It's okay, Y/N/N," he said. "Slower breaths."

"I'm trying," you replied.

Steve nodded. He stood there silently rubbing your back for a second before speaking up. "What did Ultron say to you?"

"I... I don't want to talk about it," you shook your head.

"Y/N—"

"Not now, Steve. We need to figure out exactly who Ultron is first."

Steve didn't necessarily agree with ignoring what happened with you, but knew that there was no point in fighting you right now. The two headed up to the lab to see that everyone but Thor was there. Tony and Bruce were already at their screens, searching for something. Everyone stood there in silence for a bit. Looking around, you realized that the scepter was missing. You put together that a suit must've taken it and Thor had disappeared to go after it. Tony leaned over a table, looking at a destroyed Iron Legion suit. Still not breathing regularly and with a headache coming on, you quickly found a chair to sit in.

"All our work is gone," Bruce stated. "Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron," Steve scoffed. It was clear to you that he was mad.

"He's been in everything," Natasha said. "Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

She glanced at you, making you realize that more people heard that conversation than you thought. Ultron knew more about your past than you did.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet," Rhodey said. "What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?"

"Nuclear codes," Maria realized.

"Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

"Nukes?" Nat questioned. "He said he wanted us dead."

"He didn't say dead," Steve corrected. "He said extinct."

"He also said he killed somebody," Clint piped in.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building," Maria commented.

"Yes, there was," Tony said. He walked to the center of the room and used his phone to pull up a large 3D image of JARVIS' consciousness. It was completely destroyed.

"Oh my gosh," you whispered in shock.

"This is insane," Bruce stated.

"JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense that he destroyed him."