10: Change

The eldest child and son of Duke Sinclair had always been a mystery. To the majority, the child seemingly popped up out of nowhere in high society along with a random little girl. The child was clearly a bastard child. Born out of wedlock. A well-known fact among the nobles.

His first appearance in high society was when he was ten years old. Along with that time came the new age of magic technology.

The child attended a banquet, led by his majesty, along with the known children of Lord Sinclair, William and Wilson. Before they could even speculate (gossip), his majesty suddenly announced the reason for the sudden celebration. A new discovery regarding the use of magic crystals.

In short, a new power source.

With the use of mana stones, which are stabilized mana crystals, and newly created runes, magic became a tool of convenience not just to those who possess magic but to those defective.

Streetlights powered by mana stones, mana stoves, cooling devices, weapons, armory, etc.

From infrastructures to cookware. The new discovery had significantly changed the everyday life of the upper and lower class.

Mana crystals were notoriously dangerous to deal with. Depending on the quality and grade, F could knock anyone unconscious and A could kill anything in a 20-meter radius.

Unless you had a death wish, no mage would ever touch any mana crystals above C. Only archmages had the skill and privilege of handling high grade crystals to produce mana stones.

It was dangerous and just useless to mages and other magic practitioners who can just use their own mana. It was exactly this reason that anything above C was rarely used.

But, a clever man who had a lot of time and was seeking death had delved into the use of mana stones.

With the use of integrated ancient runes and simple enchantments, the high grade mana stones are stabilized and can be used as a constant energy source without worrying that it might blow you up. This, along with another discovery, runic wirings. Simplified runes where mana can flow through.

Using runic wiring made mana flow, allowing the mana to pass through any medium to cast anything from elemental magic to offensive magic.

It was genius.

But a feat as great as this, was made by no other than Ver Sinclair. A ten-year-old child, at that time.

A child.

For the kingdom's mages, this was a huge blow to their ego.

A child who grew up in a random countryside and appeared suddenly at the age of 10, did a feat big enough to rival their achievements.

And with that, Ver Sinclair made his debut in high society as a magic prodigy.

That was all Loyd could gather in his past life.

As for his upbringing, past Amelia had once ranted that both of them were raised by a woman named Catherine in a town governed by the Leonhart Dukedom. He once ordered his men to scout the said town, but sadly it was ransacked by beasts.

It should be safe in his current time, but Loyd couldn't order anyone, since he had no men or servants loyal enough. He was still his powerless teen self after all. There's the option of traveling to the town by himself.

The only problem was he was dirt poor at the moment.

Pre-rebirth Loyd had wasted his monthly allowance on the new limited addition dagger crafted by the respected master blacksmith F.Y.

Loyd sighed deeply.

It was idiotic, but he understood the purchase. His hobby of dagger collecting stayed even into adulthood after all.