CHAPTER 14

The sun had barely risen, casting long shadows across the landscape, as the Kingdom of Science prepared for battle. Senku, the brilliant young scientist who had revived himself and his friends from the stone age using a mysterious mineral water, stood with his comrades, Taiju, Chrome, Magma, Kokuyo, Minami, and Nikki. They were all poised to attack the Cave of Miracles, a stronghold of their enemy, the mighty Tsukasa.

"Alright, listen up," Senku said, his voice steady and commanding. "We have a 20-second window to capture the cave before the enemy regains their senses and the killing begins. Ukyo will be watching out for Tsukasa's possible arrival from his perch on the treetop. Ruri and Yuzuriha will remain with the children at our base."

With that, the group began their assault. In the first second, the bluff bullet was fired and exploded above the cave, causing momentary confusion among the enemy. Over the next few seconds, the Steam Gorilla, a massive machine crafted by the Kingdom of Science, rushed across all the vehicle pitfall traps, triggering them and eventually getting stuck, while the rest of the team knocked out or captured all the enemy foot soldiers. Taiju, the strongest of them all, protected his friends with his carbon fiber shield.

As the Steam Gorilla got stuck, Magma brought out the shock cannon they had made earlier. Chrome loaded it with a sonic bomb while Magma directed the sound towards the cave, knocking out all the enemies in its way. Meanwhile, Minami watched the fight and ran off to tell Tsukasa about their attack, but Nikki stopped her with a tickle attack.

The last sonic bomb was destroyed, so Taiju decided to use his powerful voice as a bomb instead. Chrome and Senku braced the shield while he yelled, taking out the remaining fighters. The Cave of Miracles had been obtained!

The group cheered and rejoiced, relieved that no one had died in the process. But Senku, never one to rest on his laurels, immediately began trying to make gunpowder with the materials he had collected previously, to prepare for Tsukasa's inevitable arrival. As soon as he brought out the materials, Ukyo cried out that Tsukasa was coming, and Hyoga's spear knocked him down from his tree.

Tsukasa and Hyoga assessed the battle scene, and Tsukasa shared a few words of greeting with Senku. Gen attempted to take back control of the situation by pretending to be Lillian again, but Hyoga smashed the cell phone, stopping it swiftly. However, Hyoga's gaze and Tsukasa's were on a particular person. 

You. 

You were standing on the ground, watching them.

"Yo...long time no see..." You said. Tsukasa was just staring at you

||

||

As you stood in the clearing, watching Tsukasa and Hyoga, a gnawing sense of guilt bubbled within you. The contrast between the serene beauty of the forest and the chaos about to unfold was jarring. Sunlight filtered through the leaves, casting dappled shadows, but there was no beauty in the turmoil brewing among friends turned adversaries.