CHAPTER 15

The world blurred around you, pain radiating from the wound in your chest

The world blurred around you, pain radiating from the wound in your chest. Hyoga's betrayal had caught you off guard, and now you were teetering on the edge of life and death. Mirai's horrified expression was etched into your memory, and Tsukasa's desperate grip on your hand was your only lifeline.

As you plummeted into the lake, the cold water enveloped you. Tsukasa pulled you to safety, but your strength was waning. Blood seeped through your fingers as you clung to consciousness. The battle had taken its toll, and you wondered if this was the end. Tsukasa and Senku were both there, whilst you were lying on the ground a bit further away from the fight. Hyoga notices too late that Senku has bandages wrapped around his finger and that he'd lit the gunpowder too quickly. Hyoga gets heavily shocked.

In the aftermath, the three men collapsed, their bodies battered and exhausted. Dust settled around them like a shroud, the echoes of their combat fading into the distance. Tsukasa roped a hand around Senku's wrist, raising their palms together in a weary high-five, a shared acknowledgment of survival.

Homura, with wide eyes and a fierce spirit, darted towards Hyoga to offer assistance, only to find herself ensnared by Senku's ingenious traps. The power team had emerged victorious, their foes now efficiently tied up, rendered powerless.

"What do we do with them?" one voice asked anxiously, as they gathered around the captured pair, uncertainty casting shadows on their victory.

Senku's eyes flickered with determination. "They'll remain prisoners until humanity is back on its feet. They deserve a trial, to understand their actions and find redemption or justice. We can't just let them roam free."

Suddenly, Senku's focus shifted, his heart sinking as he realized you lay among the rubble, barely conscious. Blood seeped from your chest, glimmering like red rubies under the dim light. Rushing towards you, an urgent panic set in. "Y/n!" he exclaimed, kneeling beside you, feeling the warmth of your fading pulse.

"Sen... it hurts..." you whispered softly, words barely escaping your cracked lips. The world spun around you, shadows creeping closer.

Senku cradled you gently in his arms, desperation etched on his features. He brushed away a stray tear that escaped your eye, the reality of your condition carving into him like a knife. "Shush... just hang in there." His voice wavered, revealing the fear he held tightly at bay.

Tsukasa approached slowly, his face pale, shock swelling in his chest like a tide. Together, they moved you to Senku's workshop, a space that once thrummed with the promise of science and life, now echoing with the weight of uncertainty. You were laid on the table as adrenaline and gravity pulled everything further down. Outside, the others waited breathlessly, the air thick with counsels and a shared anxiety.

As Senku worked, his hands were steady, his mind a whirlwind of thoughts and solutions he grasped at fervently. The atmosphere was suffocatingly tense, yet his face held a mask of calmness. Every stitch, every bandage had to be perfect, even if it was merely a temporary solution.

The world faded away, and in the cave where you were moved next, a fragile silence enveloped the space. Senku sat beside you, holding your hand, feeling the chill of your skin seep into him. "Sen... I'm gonna die..." Your voice was soft, a haunting whisper.

"No!" Senku's grip tightened involuntarily.

"Hey, Tsukasa..." you managed a weak laugh, turning your head slightly. "How's Mirai?"

"She's okay, Y/n," Tsukasa replied, his voice thick with unspoken emotion. "I can't thank you enough for protecting her."

With the last remnants of your strength, you reached over, gripping Tsukasa's hand, squeezing it. "It's the least I could do for betraying you..." a gentle confession wrapped in regret.

"Stop talking like that," Tsukasa scolded gently, desperation creeping into his tone. 

You chuckled softly, the faintest hint of joy before pain broke through. "So what have you decided, Sen? Ready to let me go?" Tears slipped down your cheeks as laughter turned into exhaustion.

If only you could see the fire in Senku's eyes as he said, "If you say that again, I will be so mad..."

Your smile faded, replaced with acceptance. "Cryogenic freezing. Preserve your body... time to solve everything..." Sen said. ''I'll make sure of it. You're going to be a popsicle for a while," Senku promised, the corners of his mouth curling up. "But I will find a way to bring you back. I swear."

''A popsicle, huh?'' A chuckle erupted from you, before it turned into a wince of pain. "Oi... careful," he chided you softly, though his own eyes were glistening with tears that threatened to spill.

Your eyes were getting heavy now...

Finally, silence fell over you as you were placed into the refrigerator, eyes fluttering shut. Senku leaned down, placing a gentle kiss on your forehead, a sweet farewell wrapped in a promise. "I'll bring you back, princess..." he whispered, sealing the promise with a trembling resolve.

With the cover drawn over your body, the warmth of his hope intertwined with the cold reality, and as shadows closed in, the world pressed forward, relentless and unforgiving. Everyone understood the gravity of the situation, but they understood that Senku was more broken than ever, having to seal you away like this. 

To be continued...