CHAPTER 16

(Lazy writing)
Y/N POV:

Unknown
I'll find you Y/N, you can't hide from us.

My breath hitched in my throat. I felt like I couldn't breath. My feet worked faster than my brain and the next second I was weakly knocking on Scarlett's and Colin's bedroom door.

She opened the door, already in her pyjamas.

„Y/N, everything okay?", she asked, her voice laced with worry.

„They'll find me Mama. I'm scared.", I stuttered out, still struggling to breathe. My knees are weak and my vision gets blurry. „I can't breathe.", I dragged out grabbing Scarlys shirt for support so I don't fall over.

„Y/N, stay with me. Take deep breaths. In and out. Follow me.", she breathes with me but it doesn't help. I'm just so scared and it's haunting me.

———
Scarlett POV:

As I noticed that Y/Ns breathing isn't going to get any better and she can't verbally respond anymore, I decided to pull off my shirt and do the only thing that comforts her: listening to my heartbeat. So I did and pulled her into me and placed her head on my chest.

„Everything will be okay Y/N. Mamas here.", I said while I felt tears running down my cheeks. She doesn't deserves that. No child in this world deserves to live in angst just because of their parents.

I rocked us from side to side, holding Y/N in my arms. I scooped her up and took her to my bed, her head still laying on my chest while she was still silently sobbing. Colin looked over to me and I nodded. I knew that he was always prepared to make the phone call.

So he walked out and let Y/N and me alone. I don't even know what caused that panic attack, but by the look of her eyes, I knew it were her parents.

After a hour of cuddling with Y/N and bringing her to sleep, Colin appeared in the door.

„We can sign the papers tomorrow.", he said as he laid down next to me.

Right now, I couldn't be any happier. Y/N will finally be my daughter by tomorrow.

Why it all went so fast? Quick explanation for you.

All those meetings I had in the past weeks, were about Y/N. Colin and I talked to her parents, listing what horrible things they did to her, in front of her social workers.

(A/N: I don't know how the people there are called so deal w it)

With that, Y/Ns parents were childless and we could adopt Y/N. But they told us to wait until they send a message to Y/N, so they could put them into prison. Sounds horrible. I didn't like the idea of sending Y/N a message, but they said her parents will do it anyways and that will finally put them out of the system. Something with evidence and stuff.

Now I can, finally, sign the papers tomorrow and she'll officially be my daughter and I can annoy her for the rest of her life.

I looked down, seeing her cuddled up to me, hugging me like I was going to leave. It was so cute. I pressed a kiss to her forehead and drifted off to sleep.

———

Short chapter because I'm writing my final exams but I also wanted to give you a chapter!! Hope ur happy with that bc it's also not proofread :,)

Have a great day and take care! <33