Chapter 1

REJECTED BY THE REJECTED

FATE'S POV

              I walked slowly through the halls of the school, watching as the other students cowered beneath my gaze, backing up against their lockers to avoid being near me. They know me and my group as The Rejects. They dubbed us that themselves. And we sure lived up to it. They were scared of us, and we enjoyed it. Fear is power, and everyone feared us, placing us at the top of the chain. That's why we ruled the school. We were higher than the other students, and they knew it. Even though we were feared, we were still talked about behind our backs. Mocked even. But it didn't bother us. They were just lowly werewolves blind to the pain and suffering the world had to offer. But WE weren't blind. In fact, my eyes were forced open, when I was nowhere near ready. Once I was rejected, I saw everything perfectly clear.

The only thing in this world is pain. My pain? It hadn't gone away. It's still just as strong as it was on the day my mate rejected me. It's always there, beating like a second heart. It never leaves. It just hurts, more and more every day. I'm actually surprised I didn't take my life that day. Others did. But I didn't. I have no idea how I managed, but I did. I survived, with my friends. We are survivors. I've become accustomed to the constant pain and darkness surrounding my heart. I might even enjoy it. While it hurts, it reminds me of the way things really are in the world. Cold, colorless, dark, .....and painful. The pain reminded me of who put it there. My mate. I still remember that day perfectly, to the very last detail.

-------4 YEARS AGO-------

   I jumped up and down excited. "I can't wait! Some people are gonna find their mates huh mom?!"

She laughed softly pulling a brush through my long brown hair (now currently black)

"Yeah baby. This a very big event. And we are a very big pack. It's rare for this many people in the pack to attend, so yes it's possible people will find their mates, though mates aren't always in the same pack love, so don't get your hopes up." My mother explained. I pulled away despite her attempts to finish brushing the long tangled strands and walked dreamily over to my bed. "Oh I hope my mate is there. I feel empty without him. Like I'm missing my other half, mom. It will be so romantic when we find each other. He will always hold me, and tell me he loves me, and that he won't ever let anyone hurt me." Sighing happily I collapsed onto my bed and stared at the ceiling.

"Is that what it's like with you and dad mom?" I asked.

"Oh baby, it is. I was scared to find my mate. The thought that I didn't get to choose who I loved was a bit unsettling. But then I met him and that all changed. I thought after we'd been together awhile our love for each other would start to fade and lessen but Fate, after all this time I still love him just as much as the day we met. Maybe even more. It hasn't faded even a little. It's amazing."

"Wow." I sighed. "It sounds heavenly." My mom sat beside me and ran her hand through my hair.

"Oh it is. Not only has our love not faded, but it gets stronger everyday. You know why?" She asked with a huge smile on her face. I slowly smiled back and sat up on my elbows. "Why?"

"Because of you. He loves you SO much Fate. You're his little girl. We both love you. You're our daughter sweetheart, and nothing will ever change that. We love you more than anything in this world." She said wrapping her arms around me and squeezing tightly.

"Mooooom I'm too old for hugs." I whined but I wrapped my arms around her anyway. "I love you guys too." I said into her shoulder. My dad chose then to walk into the room. As soon as he saw my mom his eyes lit up. I noticed that, whenever he saw her his eyes would do that; just light up like stars. I want someone to look at me that way.