Chapter 6

_________________FATE'S POV_________________________________

             "Effective immediately," I mocked my old pack's Alpha. "Why do they have to go to OUR fucking school? I swear I'm going to kill somebody, starting with that god damned alpha!" I vented to Noel; Jensen's mate, my Luna, and my practically-mother.

"Fate! He's the Alpha for a reason! Be respectful." Noel reprimanded me.

"Riiiightt it's not like he just fell into the title when his father died, nooo there's an actual reason." I said, voice dripping in sarcasm as I rolled my eyes. Noel snickered.

"Well can't say I didn't try," she said smiling and continued folding clothes.

Noel was beautiful there was no doubt about it. The Queen of Seduction I liked to call her. Unfortunately, she was as stubborn as she was beautiful. All those stories where the girl is stubborn and almost always gets herself killed because of it, and the boy says it irritates him but that's why he loves her? Yeah well that's bullshit. Jensen knows she's stubborn, and he hates it! He loves her, but he wishes she wasn't so damn stubborn. It's not safe these days.

"Why can't she just do as I tell her? Doesn't she know I'm just trying to keep her safe?! It's dangerous to stand out! I wish she would quite being so stubborn!!" He would tell me. I had to agree. A lot of people wanted her dead. She just won't stay silent! It's not who she is. She's too independent for her own good.

However I couldn't of asked for a better mother, which I guess is the wrong thing to say since she is not, my biological mother, but I don't remember my true mom that well anyway. Ok that's a lie, I just choose not to rememeber and I pretend Noel is my real mom and we're a happy little family. People say it's not healthy to pretend and ignore your problems, I say fuck it because it works. Noel took to all of us immediately and she was the one who initiated us into the pack, despite absolutely every single other person's opinion (stubbornly, might I add).

Noel had two kids of her own once upon a time, but they're dead now. I don't know what happened (I don't ask) and she doesn't talk about it. She's very protective of us and it often confuses people. To anyone who would observe her with us she's very motherly, kind and playful and all in all a warm woman, but to others she's witty, stubborn, and cold. I find it hilarious. As does Jensen. Like I said, a happy little family.

"I hate it just as much as you Sweet. Those awful kids coming into MY home when they were so terrible I just want to teach those brats a lesson!" I couldn't keep the surprise off my face as I burst out laughing.

"Rawr easy Noel!" I said falling back onto the bed and laughing. Noel turned to look directly at me, placing her hands on her hips and glaring at me with a raised eyebrow. "Sorry sorry, I mean mom." Satisfied she turned around and got back to work. Noel ordered us to call her mom. It was actually kind of weird but she liked it. She says it makes a statement in a lot of ways. You know for a lot of people that would be considered a red flag, but I didn't have the energy to over analyze it, so I just let it roll off my shoulders. She said Noel was too formal, and like Jensen she considered us her surrogate children. She just didn't try to hide it like he did.

Suddenly the door banged open and Yasmine walked in.

"Hey Fate can I borrow your black boots? I think they'd look awesome with this dress!!"

Noel turned to look at her and beamed. Yeah Yasmine was Noel's favorite. Shocker.

"Hey sweetie! Of course you can!"

"Umm do I get any say in this?" I asked a bit irritated.

"Fate hush now." Noel said without looking at me. I sighed and snuggled deeper into the bed closing my eyes. Fuck school. I was tired, and here I would stay.