Chapter 4

Eva

It has been 8 days since the dinner.

And today Maria will be here as we will be going for my wedding dress shopping. Days are moving forward so fast that it is difficult for me to digest that today is 'my' wedding dress shopping.

Every girl dreams of a wedding dress to be the best ,so do I .I always imagined my dress to be something modest yet breathtakingly beautiful .Thats the reason even if this marriage is arranged and I am not happy with it I would not compromise with my dress because it's my wedding that I always dreamt of.

So I got ready for the day in some comfortable jeans , a tank top and cardigan. After putting on my sneakers I went down to have breakfast.

As we all finished with the breakfast there was a honk outside our door making us assume it was Maria's car in which we will be going shopping.

As my mom and I exited the door we were met with smiling Maria and a driver in her car waiting for us so we quickly went over to her and after greeting her we sat in the car and drove off.

_____

So Maria brought us to this cozy, softly lit bridal boutique with elegant dresses displayed on mannequins and racks.Everything was so beautiful here.

I seated on a plush velvet chair, fliping through a bridal magazine as a middle aged lady enters with a warm smile.

"Good afternoon, Ms Eva! I'm your bridal consultant Sarah. Ready to find the perfect dress for your wedding?"she asked cheerfully.

"Yes, definitely! I've been dreaming about this day for so long."I tell her excitely.Maria and my mother smile at me.

" Wonderful! Tell me, what style are you envisioning?"Sarah questions

"I want something timeless and classic, but with a touch of modern elegance. I want it to be ivory and I love lace. It's so romantic and feminine. And maybe some subtle beading or embroidery to add a hint of sparkle.." I tell her illustrating all the things i want .

She nods memorizing it"Got it. Any particular ideas for the silhouette?"

I paused to think" I think I want something fitted through the bodice, maybe with a sweetheart neckline. And then flowing into a soft A-line or ball gown skirt that moves gracefully when I walk."

She took notes is everything i said "Perfect.
Your vision is coming together beautifully. Anything else you'd like to add?"

"No. Thats it."I said gently. She then went in to look for dresses as per my demand. As i sat besides my mother and Maria on the couch.

_____

The air hung heavy with the scent of expensive fabric and fading hope. Another dress, a froth of ivory lace and silk, lay discarded on the plush chaise lounge, joining its fallen sisters. Nine dresses, each more exquisite than the last, and yet...none of them making me awe .

"Darling, are you alright?" Mama's voice was edged with concern, her brow furrowed as she surveyed the discarded gowns. "You look like you've lost your best friend."

I managed a tired smile. "I just...I thought it would be easier, you know? Finding the dress." A lump formed in my throat, a knot of frustration and the ever-present fear that l was being foolishly sentimental about a wedding that was more like a business deal.

"Oh, sweetheart." Mama's eyes softened."It's alright to want it to be perfect"She said holding my hand.

Just then, Sarah emerged from the back, an apologetic smile on her face. "Just one more, darling. I thought this was sold off. So i did not bring it out but just now i got to know its not sold so you know..." She trailed off, her eyes meeting mine with a glimmer of something akin to hope.

The dress, when they finally unveiled it, was nothing like the others. It had every thing that i wanted in my dress.

Holding my breath, I slipped it on.

The world seemed to shift.

The dress, moved with me, hugging my curves with a gentle grace that both surprised and delighted me. And the way the fabric caught the light... It was as if the dress itself whispered of hidden depths, of quiet strength and a delicate, unyielding hope.

It was a beautiful ivory sweetheart neckline ball gown with a delicate drape of lace that fell off both shoulder. It had embroidery on it which made it much delicate and special.

It was more than perfect. It was me.

I turned to face the mirror, tears welling in my eyes. The reflection that stared back wasn't a dutiful daughter or an anxious bride-to-be, but a woman on the cusp of transformation. A woman worthy of love, of dreams, of a happily ever after - arranged or not.

A single tear escaped, tracing a shimmering path down my cheek, and in that moment, i knew. This was it. This was my dress.

As I turned around my mother, seated on the plush velvet sofa, gasped,tears welling in her eyes.

"Oh, sweetheart," her voice cracked, thick with emotion. "You're absolutely radiant."

Beside her, Maria dabbed at the corner of her eye with a perfectly manicured fingertip. A soft smile graced her lips, genuine warmth radiating from her gaze.

"Lorenzo is going to be completely floored," she breathed, her voice filled with awe. "Eva, darling, you look... ethereal."

I felt a blush creep up her neck, warmth blossoming in my chest.

"Thank you," I whispered, my voice catching slightly. My eyes met my mother's, a silent conversation passing between us, filled with years of shared dreams.

As we exited the room after paying and thanking Sarah the driver held the car door open for us, I felt a surge of gratitude for these two women, so different in many ways, yet united in their desire to make this experience special for me.

The car ride was filled with a comfortable silence punctuated by shared smiles and knowing glances.

As the car glided through the city streets towards my childhood home, I snuck a glance at my mother and mother-in-law, their hands clasped together as they chatted animatedly about the day.

As the car pulled in front of my home i and Mama got down of it. Thanking and bidding goodbye to Maria we entered our home.

I went directly upstairs as it was now six in the evening and we had already ate with Maria while coming back home.So I took a long hot shower, changed into my pajamas and flopped on the bed, exhaustion taking over me as i drifted to sleep with him on my mind.

___________

I hope u all enjoyed this chapter guys .Sorry for any mistakes. Please don't forget to vote. It means a lot to me❤. Next chapt very soon. Byeee

Pubilishing date:28/06/2024
Words:1163