Chapter 1

I'm not much of an animal person but my roomate, Kayla, is, and when she saw this white small pup in a cardboard box on the side of the road she begged me to let us keep it. Long story short, we got the dog. We both assumed the pup had been abandoned there as it didn't have a collar stating it was owned. And the cardboard box it was in, on the side it said in bold letters ''NOT FOR SALE!'' The black marker ink that was used to write the words looked new, which would make sense because me and Kayla take that path to go to our part- time jobs and we've never seen this white dog before.

Kayla was holding the pup in her arms, giving it small kisses on the head as I turned the keys in the keyhole of our dorm. The pup jumped out of her arms and ran into the room as I opened the door, and Kayla chased after it like a child.
I close the door.
Now our apartment doesn't have a problem with pets, but dogs come with a lot of hair and me and Kayla had plenty of that already. Kayla had long curly red hair and I had, not long hair, but a lot of blonde hair, in quantity not length. Kayla looses her hair normally and I do Meth so I usually have dramatic hair loss. So when I saw white fur just floating as it ran here and there made me feel like I had to vacuum everything.
I scoffed and turned to go to my room when she spoke.
"What should we name her?"
"It's a him."
"What should we name him?"
"I don't know." I come to her side. She crouching on the floor, looking at the pup as it swung a shoe of mine in its mouth. I tower over. "Don't you not have a name?"
"If I did I wouldn't have asked you first, dumbass. And either way, I want to name him together."
I groan.
"Oh come on, Andre. Give me a name."
"Annoying."
"Give me a name for the dog."
"No." I turn to leave but she grabs my wrist. I turn my gaze to her and she meets mine. She tilts her head.
I scowl.
"Fine."
I turn back to the white pup, still biting my shoe. I grab it out of its mouth angrily. Just looking at this think makes me bitter.
I sigh.
This is probably the most whitest thing I've ever said.
"How about Snow?"
"Then it's decided. His name is Snow."
Kayla picks up the white pup into her arms and puts it up to my face, like how that monkey put up the lion cub for all the animals to see in that one movie - The Lion King. It was actually exactly like that because I was at least a foot taller than her. I don't know what she wanted me to do but I just put a finger up to its nose and slowly pushed it away. A scowl on my face.
Like it was some evil disease.