Chapter 18

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚★⋆。˚  ⋆
┊         ┊       ┊   ⋆
┊         ┊       ★⋆
┊ ◦
★⋆      ┊ .  ˚
           ˚★

Franz sat there in front of the glass chamber as he watched over his sisters vital signs, a wash basin next to him, intending to use it to wash his sister with it, since she always developed high fevers after using her mutation.

He pushed his glasses back onto his nose as he looked through his documents, tapping on the screen lightly as he wrote down any changes, when he decided it was okay to engage with her, he stood up and walked over to the chambers entrance, pressing a button on the wall that let the door slide open with a 'hiss' stepping inside and kneeling over his unconscious sister, looking over the damage on her body.

"No damages...no further physical changes.." he muttered to himself as he pulled up her sleeves, inspecting the lines that decorated her arms and pulled them back down, opening her eyes, he shone a light, seeing if her pupils were normal and nothing out of the ordinary.

Once he seemed her appropriate enough to be let out of the chamber to receive proper treatment, he put his flashlight back and carried his sister out of the hidden room, bringing his sister back to her room so she could rest properly.

Soon enough, Franz found himself standing over his sister as she vomited into the toilet, daring to not look at what ever escaped her mouth as he flushed it down once she was finished.

He sighed, rubbing the spot between his eyebrows as he watched her wipe away whatever it was on the corner of her mouth with her sleeve.

"How many were there last night?"

"2 women and 4 men..." [Name] huffed as she gratefully took the glass of water her brother handed to her, gulping down the cold liquid.

"Did they say anything? About who sent them, I mean."

"It was the Kraang..it looks like they've got wind of where I am and decided to...take me back I guess."

"They're not going to take you back." Franz said with a tone that held all authority, he wasn't going to allow that..not if he can help it.

"Just stick to laying low and take your meds in time, I think it was about time we tame that...mutation of yours.."

[Name] rubbed her arm nervously as she closed her eyes, listening to the voices in her head speak.(Argue)

'Did he just say he was going to tame us?' 'We have a name you know..' 'Oh yeah? And what is our name then?' 'Eddie!' '...Dude.. we're not trying to get copyrighted here...'

"They...they have a name..they like to call themselves 'Noir'"

"Noir...okay, even if it's unpleasant to think about.. we're going to need to train you, so that your body can handle whatever this thing our parent's gave you."

~TIMESKIP~

"You okay, [Name]?" Glancing up from her book, she turned her head to look at Donnie who sat there, working on an invention, it was a little test security system that he wanted to plant around New York city that would help assist with their patrols.

"Oh...I'm fine..I'm actually recovering from a cold.." she laughed nervously, Donnie looked at her worriedly since she looked so sickly these days when she would visit the lair, looking less like herself every time.

"Are you sure..? Here, if you want I can give you a little checkup..?" Donnie suggested, already pulling out his medical kit.

"Oh! It's fine..Franz has been keeping a close eye on my health.." Donnie nodded and put the medical kit away, he knew her older brother was a scientist himself and also dabbled in a few assisted medical practices when he grew bored of the development study.

"You know, you don't need to visit the lair so frequently..I could always visit you instead, you need to rest in case you catch another cold." Donnie sat back down and observed the girl as she scratched her arm through her sleeve, which he now came to notice how she always wore long sleeves, despite the temperature or weather here in New York.

But he just shook it off and had always thought of it to be something related to her fashion sense...she did always look good, and not in a sense anyone would think that he has some crush on her!

Of course not...!

He just admires the efforts that she puts into her coordinated outfits for the day.

"...Say, Donnie?" She pipes up, putting her book down and turning her chair to fully face him, "Yeah?"

"How would you say if...I introduced you and your brothers to my brother? Maybe he'll be willing to help you develop something with Kraang tech?"

"He can use Kraang tech!?" astonished, Donnie put his screw down to look at her with wide eyes full of curiosity.

"Yeah!" she chuckles, "If I remember...when he was younger, our father taught him to use and how to be able to develop technology similar to the Kraang's...we actually use some of those."

"Oh? What do you use to technology for?"

"...Me."

―୨୧⋆ ˚

🍰857 words
This update literally came to be after a spike of creativity, I'm literally in my uniform right now updating this at 5am.

8/8/24