~Modern Cinderella: Chapter 6~

Hey guys sorry for the late update. It was my exam week and I had to find a birthday present for my guy friend =) But without wasting your time, here's the next chapter!!

- XyouXmeX

Chapter 6

''Hey thanks. It means a lot. But that doesn't mean I'll treat you better than the other students.'' I said to him. 

''Didn't expect anything, Emily. Nites.'' He said and went to his room. I heard a click as he closed his door and I closed mine too. I hopped onto my bed hoping. Joan was sleeping and she took so much space on the bed. 

I sighed and got up to the living room. There was a couch there which I always slept at when Joan took up my space on the bed. But that night, I saw something weird. Gretchen was crying on the couch. Something was wrong.

Although I didn't like Hazel and Gretchen, but in some way, they are still my family. Sort of. I sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her.

''What's wrong?'' I asked her as she continued to cry. Her cries became loud sobs. 

''Hazel. I found my boyfriend making out with her in our room.'' I wasn't surprise since that was the second time Gretchen found one of her boyfriends with Hazel. But of course, I knew that this time, it was the worse. This boyfriend was the first guy Gretchen ever got serious with. 

''Gretchen, it's okay. I know you love him. He just lost someone as wonderful as you. Come to my room. Let's talk there.'' I didn't want Blake coming to the living room finding Gretchen crying with all the messed up mascara. 

I shut the door as soon as we entered my room making Joan wake up. I told Joan to wait in the living room and so she did. Gretchen was on my bed hugging Joan's teddy and crying.

''Gretchen, he isn't worth your tears.'' I took the mirror at my bed side and showed it to Gretchen. ''That girl you're looking at in the mirror is as beautiful as Hazel. If that guy left her just for Hazel, that guy is stupid. Let's give you a make-over.'' I smiled at Gretchen and for the first time ever, my step sister smiled at me.

''Thanks Emily.'' she smiled and hugged me. ''I think I can handle going into my room and tell those two to get a room. He isn't worth my time, is he?'' she laughed and waved goodnight as she went out of my room. 

''So what's that all about?'' Joan asked as she come into the room. 

''None of your business, little girl.'' I told her and laughed as I quickly got onto my bed before Joan could take up my space again. 

--

The next morning when I woke up Blake was already at the dining table eating pancakes and eggs. 

''Hey, who cooked that for you? Hazel?'' I asked him as I put on my lip gloss. 

''Why do girls like to wear make-up? They are disgusting. And no, I made them myself.'' 

''Lip gloss ain't disgusting. And since when boys know how to cook breakfast?'' I laughed to myself.

''My mom teached me when I was really young. Young enough to be like Ronald over there.'' I turned around from the mirror and looked at Blake. He was still in his pyjamas and his hair was all messy and brown. His eyes stand out and for the first time ever, I realized, he was hot.

''What are you looking at?'' I caught myself staring at him and blushed. 

''Oh nothing. Just quickly change. I need to drive you too to school you know?'' I wore my heels and went to the car to wait for him. He was fast since not more than five minutes I reached the car, he got in looking all dressed up.

''Oh. And you never talk to me about Sam. Why did you called him a player? He seems nice.'' 

''My brother isn't nice. He is a player. He once slept with my girlfriend and I'll never forgive him. Stupid Sam.'' That reminded me of last night when Gretchen was crying. ''Why? Do you like Sam or something?'' he asked.

''Why? You jealous?''

''No. Just be careful. He could get you then dump you. If you like him, then I suggest you to be really careful.'' 

''Don't worry, I don't like him. By the way, why is everything spinning?'' I asked and before I could even start the car, I totally fainted. 

My head hurt so much..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think happened next? Do you want the next chapter to be Blake's Point Of View?