[ 16 ] : 𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭

it had been 6 months

6 months since they had real food , 6 months since they were able to settle down for more than one night.

loris stomach was way bigger.

right now the woman in the group stood outside waiting for the men to clear the house. the men and carl .. i guess.

ruby stood outside. she was gonna go inside but decided not too. she was extremely tired. in the 6 months carl had killed his first walker.

it was kinda funny.

rick opened the front door to let them know it was clear. ruby walked in and looked around the house. she looked to her right and saw carl in the kitchen. she stood by his side.

in those 6 months the two had bonded , even though they didn't have much energy they entertained each other.

ruby didn't remember the last time she had seen lori and rick talk. only one word answers.

ruby and carl looked around not finding anything just opened cans with nothing inside them. they were looking for canned foods mostly vegetables. ruby was hoping for corn.

"i don't think we're gonna find anything" ruby spoke and looked at carl. he was now 2 inches taller than her.

carl shrugged and kept looking. he opened the sink cabinets and gasped. "what? is there a rat?" ruby said backing up. she hated rats.

"no it's dog food." carl spoke almost happily for some food. ruby sighed. they had been eating small portions lately. dog food was a go to now. it actually hurt to think about.

"i don't think that's gonna make people happy dude." ruby said.

carl shrugged and and walked to the living room where everyone was sitting down. carl sat on the floor and grabbed the can opener.

ruby sat down beside him and leaned her back on the door frame. her short legs reaching the other end of the door.

everyone watched as carl tried to open the can. ruby sighed and groaned. "this is bullshit." she groaned.

glenn from the other side of the room heard her somehow and looked at her and shook his head. ruby rolled her eyes.

glenn and ruby had grown closer he was like a brother figure to her now. but ruby didn't dare to say it out load. even thinking it made her think of her own real brother.

rick watched and grabbed one of the cans. ruby and carl looked up at him in curiosity. ruby eyed rick.

rick slowly backed up near the fireplace and turned around. one last time he inspected the can. in a sudden motion rick threw the can into the fireplace making daryl and ruby flinch.

ruby looked up at him wide eyed.

lori looked disappointed and carol looked startled. ruby hadn't talked much to carol. ruby wanted to ask lori for a haircut but was scared to. she didn't want to make a pregnant woman do to much work.