Chapter 1 Belgorod part 1

Belgorod, The Union of Socialist Planets

18/10/4100

"Would she be alright?"

"There might finally be an heir to the family."

A concerned growl could be heard from the main lobby.

"Would Mr. Kirillov finally have a successor?"

The gossip of servants, present guests, and concern of a bear for its master could be heard in every corner of the Premier's estate. The residents await with bated breath for news from the Premier.

Dmitry Petrovich Kirillov was outside his wife's room, by the door, he was seated. His breathing was unsteady, his leg fidgeting along the rhythm of beeps coming from the room. He tightly grasped his hands and leaned his head on them, praying that everything would be alright.

The Doctor came out of the room and looked at Dmitry with a faint smile, signaling that it was a success.

"May I see her?"Premier Kirillov asked.

"Yes."The doctor nodded.

"Thank you, Doctor." Premier Kirillov hurried to his Wife's room and stood behind the curtain. He steadied his shaking leg and hands, organized himself, and opened and went through.

Dmitry's wife noticed her husband and mustered a smile on her face, and tries to a form a word for him.

"Dmitry.."

"Ye- Yes Catherine ?" Dmitry hurried over to her side.

"He has your eyes." Catherine motioned to the nurse holding her son and the Nurse gently transfered the child to Dmitry.

As Dmitry looked at his son as tears began to well up in his eyes. The child responded to his parent gaze with his own and reached for his father's moustache and gripped tightly.

"Arghh!" Dmitry yelped as he bore through the pain, the tears welling up immediately disappears, as the source of his pain in his arms, pulls on his moustache. Subsequently, everybody present had a chuckle.

"Hehe.. He seems to be tenacious. Maybe it's because of the year, born at the advent of the new century, and the year of the dragon for the Sino-Sphere." Catherine stated.

"Yeah."

"Hooah" Catherine yawned as she waved to Dmitry to pass her, her son.

As Dmitry tries to gently move his son's hand away from his moustache slowly tugging at it a little at a time, with each tug producing a squeal from the powerful Premier, untill his son finally relented.

"Mikhail."

"Mikhail Dmitriev Kirillov that will be your name."

"Did you know, you had 2 siblings? Nikolai and Anna." The entire room went silent at the mention of those names.

"You better grow up big and strong." Catherine said as she leans forward to rub her cheek against Mikhail's.

Her body slowly, crept forward until it stood still.

"Catherine?"