chapter-3

Thanasia is the only Grand Duchess of the Elaria Empire, a land blessed by the goddesses with vibrant landscapes. Her husband, Lucius de Arcane is the only emperor of the whole "Arcanelli empire" in the north. Their marriage was one of convenience, arranged for mutual benefits rather than love. Thanasia was often referred to as the Witch Duchess of Helion, while Lucius was known as the Insane tyrant.

Thanasia constantly tried to prove herself to her family, but her gender was always an obstacle. In order to inherit the Duke's title, she had to marry, as the political succession planning favored making her brother the heir. Determined to secure her position, Thanasia resorted to drastic measures.

The next day, Thanasia visited the Arcanelli empire to officially propose a deal to Lucius, the  emperor. She offered a three-month marriage, promising that after this period, they would divorce. In return, she would secure her title, and Lucius would gain crucial information about their enimes weaknesses.

Thanasia became the official Empress of the Arcanelli Empire, yet both she and Lucius had no genuine interest in each other. They fulfilled their duties, and while Lucius found Thanasia intriguing, he recognized it as a fleeting attraction and decided to let her go as soon as possible. Their union was more of a political arrangement than a romantic one.

Lucius, seeing the benefits, agreed to the deal, and they joined forces with no personal interest in each other. As planned, their divorce proceeded smoothly. However, just after finalizing the divorce agreement, Thanasia discovered she was pregnant with Lucius's child.

Thanasia is a woman of strong virtues, known for her beauty, quiet demeanor, and dangerous intelligence. After inheriting the title of Duchess, she asserted her authority by confining her brothers to their rooms, ensuring they couldn't challenge her leadership. Her father, overwhelmed with regret for neglecting her education, strength, and values, chose to lock himself away. His realization came too late, as Thanasia had already risen to power, becoming a formidable leader of the Helion Duchy.

______________________________________

"I have been wrapped in warm things. Occasionally I hear a voice similar to a person talking as if being wrapped in a curtain. I hear it dimly, but I always feel that it is the voice of a certain woman.

Ishtar, regaining her senses, found herself lost in thought. She reflected on her purpose in the mortal realm, as she knew she had a role to play, one that intertwined with the fates of those around her.

Thanasia's gaze fell upon her daughter,

(Whisper)
Thanasia:- "Athena helion"

Thanasia's whisper seemed to hang in the air, a gentle breeze carrying the name "Athena Helion" away from her lips.

Ishtar thought to herself, "Athena... Is that my new name? I don't think Thanasia is happy to have me. If that's the case, it might be easier to follow whatever is written in my fate."

Thanasia gazed at her newly born baby Athena, her eyes searching for a glimmer of recognition, But the child's face remained serene, her eyes still closed.

Thanasia's thoughts swirled, a maelstrom of emotions and doubts. She had given her daughter a name, a identity separate from her own. What did it mean? Was she acknowledging her role as a mother, or merely fulfilling a duty?

With a quiet resolve, Thanasia reached out and gently stroked Athena's cheek. The touch sent a shiver down thanasia's spine, a mix of trepidation and longing. She felt the weight of her secrets, the burden of her past, and the uncertainty of their future.

"I look forward to how you will survive," Thanasia whispered, her voice barely audible, "Athena,

In that moment, Thanasia's mask slipped, revealing a glimmer of vulnerability. She realized she had to confront her demons and face the shadows of her past, ever since she decided to keep the child.