chapter-4

People from all over the countries and the empire are whispering and gossiping. In the dukedom, there weren't as many gossips before, but now, as Athena's parents' story has become quite popular. Athena hears so much about them as she goes about her day.

Athena's mother, the first empress, had made imperial history by divorcing the emperor, an unprecedented event recorded in the annals of the Arcanelli Empire. The reason was even more absurd? The emperor was annoying for talking too much.

They barely spoke once a day, and even that was probably too much for both of them. The emperor was just as eager to end the marriage as Duchess was. Which is why he agreed to the divorce so readily.

The emperor's agreement to the divorce only solidified the empress power, as she had already held the title of Duchess since their marriage.

This dramatic event likely tarnished the reputation of the Arcanelli Empire among its people. However, it also led to Athena's mother, Thanasia, becoming the most powerful Duchess of the Holy Empire "Elaria". Her authority and influence were so great that even the emperor of Elaria couldn't threaten her.

[MEANWHILE]

The man's eyes were dazed as he stared at Athena’s face, his eyes wide with wonder "she is golden, how unique," he muttered, almost to himself, his own expression caught him off guard.

He was not one to be moved by beauty or drawn to sparkling faces. Yet, his expression betrayed him, showing a rare moment of genuine surprise as he marveled at the child's extraordinary yet unfamiliar features. His servants and knights, who had accompanied him, exchanged glances of equal surprised faces. It was the first time any of them had ever heard him openly praise someone's appearance.

The man spoke again, his voice barely above a whisper, "How can someone be this beautiful?" His eyes never left Athena’s face, as if he couldn’t quite believe what he was seeing.

He was the kidnapper, the one who had just taken the daughter of the renowned Duchess from the Helion family.

A luxurious ship emerged from the shadows of the backyard, its appearance design gleaming under the faint moonlight. Without a sound, it ascended gracefully into the sky, cutting through the night as they flew away, vanishing into the horizon with their precious captive onboard.

On a stormy night full of thunderbolts, Athena was unexpectedly kidnapped by a stranger. Surprisingly, he didn't harm her. Instead, he cared for her like a baby, feeding her milk, changing her diapers, and soothing her with gentle pats.

Athena's captor held her close, his body a gentle shield against the chill. Athena was silent, wrapped in the warmth of his embrace. The harsh winds howled around them, but his warmth was a haven.

Athena lay on the plush bed, The intricate designs carved into the wooden ceiling of the ship. The craftsmanship was fascinating—delicate swirls and patterns that seemed to tell a story of their own. She could feel the gentle sway of the vessel as it crossed the vast ocean, now somewhere between Elaria and Arcanelli.

This ship had been her captor’s escape route, the very one that had stolen her away from the Wicked Duchess thanasia. Yet, despite being kidnapped, her room aboard was fit for royalty. The rich tapestries draped the walls, and every comfort she could think of was within reach—food, clothing, even books. It was clear this wasn’t an ordinary abduction; someone had gone to great lengths to keep her comfortable. But for what purpose?

The sky ship arrived at an island named Persian Al's Eudora, a place so vast and renowned that it was often called a Qeendom. The island was home to fairies and World Angels—beings entrusted with protecting the world. Many of the island's inhabitants were devoted followers of the eight celestial gods. However, despite the magical population, only humans were allowed to enter. Priests, chosen by the fairies and World Angels, were sent to visit the humans who came seeking guidance. The island itself was blessed by the goddess Eudora.