ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs [𝟶𝟼]

Soft touches. No, not touches but instead sensations. Little trickles across your skin like dry water. These minor impressions against your body were then guided by firmer touches. You felt them on every part of you and it had you feeling cold. The firmer touches had little dimples in their reach, and you realised that even with your eyes closed that they were hands. Children's hands. As much as your body jerked and your inner organs screamed, their was no escape from the sinking sensation that your body as being engulfed by these hands.

A part of you told you to hold your breath and allow yourself to be sucked down, down, down to whatever hellscape these hands were guiding you to, but a smarter part of you told you to resist. Once again, you tried to writhe out of the creepily gentle touch and force yourself awake because this had to be a dream hadn't it?

 Unfortunately, your eyes remained shut no matter what you did to free yourself. Typically, you could open your eyes and stop yourself if you were dreaming. But if you couldn't, did that mean this was not a dream? If not...there where the hell where you and what was this material you were sinking into?

"...Connie?" You murmured out, your voice distorted and scratching as though it has not been used in centuries.

Connie? Why were you calling for Connie? You writhed again, fingers finally latching onto something solid. Well, not entirely solid but the soft and sometimes scratchy material of your bedsheets was good enough for you. With your fingers pressing hard into the fabric, you gulped in large lungfuls of air that was being stolen from you the further you sank into this dry water. For some reason, you could not quite find the exact words to describe it despite having felt this texture before.

Was it sand?

"Connie?" You wheezed out again, body still rejecting the command to open your eyes as you squirmed against your bedsheets.

There was something there. Something that was so punishing about the touches that it became apparent that whoever was pining you down was trying to drown you in those dry waters. However, you could not determine the reason why. Despite your firey nature, you had not picked any fights with anyone in Shiganshina, no one had any reason to smother you where you slept and leave you for dead, no matter how intimidating of a presence you had.

You couldn't just keel over and die here! You were too ambitious, too intelligent and damn too pretty to wind up deceased without ever meeting someone worthy of yourself! Yet all you could feel was the encompassing, intense fear that this was perhaps your untimely end because nothing about your current circumstance felt like a dream.

 As you struggled, you only found yourself falling lower and lower but despite this you still kept shouting for Number Six, though it was for a reason that you could not quite remember.

His face was the last thing you had seen before...before what exactly? You couldn't remember a damn thing.

"Y/N!" Shouted Nifa, roughly shaking you.

Chest quivering as though someone had yanked you upright from the centre of your chest, you shot upwards, your skin damp with sweat. Your eyes snapped open, in-taking the perimeter of the room that had your roommates huddled around in mild concern. Panting, your twisted your legs off of the edge of the bed to find yourself in your pyjamas. You weren't in the clothes you were wearing...was it a completing new day already? When did you come back home? And if you did, how long had up on been out for?

"Huh?" You questioned them, voice fluid as usual, if not laced with irritation.

It can't have possibly been a dream. Your voice was meant to be raw from screaming and crying, the inner parts of your throat scarred and incinerated by your desperation. As your mind spiralled, Louise's insensitive laughter cut through the otherwise quiet of the room.