chapter one: what the hell?!!!

Enzo Rossi, the coolest guy in school (at least according to him), swaggered down the hall. Captain of the basketball team and rich kid extraordinaire, he cast a long shadow wherever he went. Textbooks were a mystery to him, replaced by crumpled permission slips and the latest jams on his phone. Studying? Boring! Homework? Nah, that's what nerds like Timmy "Two-Pencils" Turner were for.

Spotting Timmy hurrying by, Enzo snagged his backpack like a hawk. "Hey, Brainiac," Enzo drawled, bored as usual. "Done with your math homework?"

Timmy gulped, his glasses nearly falling off. "Y-yeah, Enzo. It's in Mr. Davis' class."

A smirk spread across Enzo's face. "Perfect. How about you 'forget' it there after school? Extra credit, ya know?" He nudged Timmy, who practically jumped out of his skin.

Enzo wasn't a complete jerk. Sort of. Raised in a mansion, his life was planned out like a boring movie script – college, business school, a loveless marriage to someone his parents picked. He rebelled the only way he knew how stealing lunch money and ignoring schoolwork. Basketball was his escape, his one true love. On the court, he was a different person. Fast, smooth, a scoring machine. For a few precious moments, he wasn't Enzo Rossi, future business tycoon, but just Enzo, dancing with the ball.

Practice ended, and Enzo slumped on the bench, sweat dripping from his forehead. He was good, really good, but a hollow feeling wouldn't leave him. This wasn't enough. He was stuck in a gilded cage, playing a game he didn't choose.

Suddenly, his phone buzzed. A message from an unknown number: "Hey, I heard your music. Not bad. - M."

A genuine smile, rare for Enzo, cracked across his face. Maybe, just maybe, there was a way to write his own song, one outside the script his family had chosen. Maybe, there was someone who actually saw him, not just Enzo Rossi, the rich kid with a problem.

the picture above is a visual image of Enzo ...