chapter 12 : Ezra's Babyboy

Sunlight streamed through the grand windows, casting a warm glow across the opulent bedroom. Mateo stirred, a groan escaping his lips as he blinked against the intrusive light. His vision cleared, revealing Ezra sprawled beside him, a picture of peaceful slumber. A jolt of adrenaline surged through him, his heart pounding in his ears. How did he end up here?

He shoved Ezra gently, his mind racing with a million unanswered questions. Ezra groaned in protest, rolling over to face him. Their eyes met, a shared moment of confusion passing between them before the reality of the situation hit them both.

Mateo swung his legs over the side of the bed, his bare feet landing softly on the plush carpet. He needed to get out of here, to figure out what was going on. But as he stood up, his gaze lingered on Ezra, a wave of something unfamiliar washing over him.

Ezra stretched, his muscles groaning in protest. He ran a hand through his hair, dislodging a few strands that had fallen over his face. "Morning," he mumbled, his voice thick with sleep.

"What the hell?" Mateo managed to articulate, his voice laced with disbelief.

Ezra sat up, a yawn escaping his lips. "You fell asleep in my car, remember? I brought you here."

Mateo's mind raced. Ezra's house? This wasn't just a house; it was a mansion. A luxurious, opulent mansion. How had he ended up here?

"Why here?" Mateo asked, his voice barely a whisper.

Ezra shrugged, a casual indifference masking the turmoil within him. "My place. I live alone most of the time."

Mateo's eyes widened in shock. He needed to get out of here, and fast. He turned to leave but paused, his hand hovering over the doorknob. He needed to know where he was, to orient himself.

He pulled out his phone, the cool metal against his palm a grounding force. He opened the maps app and his eyes widened in disbelief. He was miles away from his school. How had he ended up here?

He turned back to Ezra, who was now standing in the middle of the room, buttoning up his shirt. "I'm going to be late for school," Mateo said, his voice flat.

Ezra chuckled, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Don't worry, I'll drive you," he offered, his voice laced with a confidence that made Mateo roll his eyes.

"No, it's okay," Mateo replied, his voice firm. He couldn't stay here any longer, not without knowing what was going on.

Ezra took a step closer, his heart pounding in his ears. The proximity to Mateo was intoxicating, a heady mix of vulnerability and desire. He reached out, his fingers brushing against Mateo's jawline, the soft skin sending a jolt of electricity through him.

"You look like you could use some cheering up," Ezra began, his voice low and husky. "Baby boy."

The words slipped out before he could stop them, and as soon as they were out, he wanted to retract them. But the sight of Mateo's face, flushed and wide-eyed, was a reward in itself.

Mateo's hand flew to his mouth to stifle a gasp, his eyes darting between Ezra's face and his own. His cheeks were ablaze, a fiery contrast to the usual cool composure.

Ezra couldn't resist the temptation. He reached out and gently cupped Mateo's chin, tilting his head upwards. Their gazes locked, a silent conversation passing between them. Mateo's breath quickened, his body stiffening under Ezra's touch.

Ezra smiled, a small, triumphant smirk that was quickly replaced by a softer expression. He leaned in, his breath warm against Mateo's skin. "Don't worry," he whispered, his voice barely audible. "I'll take care of you."

Mateo hesitated, his gaze locked with Ezra's. There was something about the way Ezra looked at him, something that made him feel both vulnerable and protected. He nodded slowly, a silent agreement to Ezra's offer.

.