Ch. 2: Detention

"Hey! Don't touch that!" Aaron snatches the notebook out of Ein's hand, "You can't just be going through his stuff!"

Ein's ears droop at the sudden shouting, "Oh.. sorry-"

Aaron scoffs, "Don't even." His expression softens, "Whatever. Just... thank you."

"Thank you?" Ein raises an eyebrow, "What do you mean 'thank you?' Thank you for what?"

"Thank you... for finding Pierce's notebook. You know, we aren't allowed in this classroom, but they also don't care if we left all of our old stuff in here." He pauses, "They probably just wanted us to buy more stuff because they're morons."

Ein nods and chuckles, "Probably."

Aaron's wolf ears perk up.

"What?" Ein looks at him, eyes filled with curiosity.

"Shush..." He whispers, "Did you hear that?"

"Uh.." Ein lowers his voice, "No-"

Then, there was a sudden LOUD KNOCK.

"Who is in here?!" A teacher shouts from outside.

Ein and Aaron both jump and run to a corner. Aaron hides behind the desk, leaving Ein no place to hide.

Ein starts to panic and his ears droop, "Aaron, is there any room over there?" He whispers.

"No! Go find somewhere to hide.. Hurry!" He scolds in a whisper.

Ein looks around, not sure where to hide. He tells himself to stay calm, but it isn't working that well.

The door knob starts to twist, and Ein's heart sinks. He slips on a pile of papers and falls backwards.

He looks up to see the history teacher, furious.

"What are you doing here, Anderson?" He crosses his arms.

"It's my fault, Sir." Aaron rises from behind the desk, surrendering. "I'm the one who made him come in here with me."

He glares at both of them, a hard and cold stare that can't be unseen, "Both of you. Detention. Now. No excuses."

Ein whimpers and nods, "Yes sir. I understand." He begins to walk away, towards the detention room, but the teacher grabs his arm.

"Oh, no you don't." He glares at Ein. "Where do you think you're going?"

Ein raises an eyebrow, "Uhm. I was just going to the detention room-"

"No, no, no..' He cuts Ein off, "I'm walking with you and Aaron there."

WHAT? He screams in his mind.