[ 𝟏𝟕 ] : 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

that night ruby and the group had slept in the field

that night ruby and the group had slept in the field. it wasn't comfortable but it was something , everyone slept peacefully knowing they would have beds to sleep in the next day or two.

ruby had a few bug bites on her legs and it was so itchy. she almost chopped off her leg.

right now rick and the other adults were going to clear the walkers so they could get inside. ruby was just standing to the side.

she closed the gate slightly so no walkers got out and bit someone on accident.

ruby thought they were doing too much for a small group of walkers. they were being cautious which was good but too much.

it was just a walker. suddenly the group was gone. you could only see maggie and glenn. a bunch of giant walkers wearing heavy uniforms appeared.

there faces were hidden and ruby knew it was difficult to kill them. but somehow they always got the job done.

finally after a good while the group reappeared. they stood a few feet away discussing whatever is was. ruby groaned as the heat got to her.

carl looked at her in confusion. "what?" he asked giving her a weird look.

"it's fucking hot." ruby said sitting down facing the yard. lori gave her a knowing look as if to say 'language!'.

after a good 10 minutes of waiting maggie reassured everyone it was safe to go inside. ruby was the first to go inside.

ruby's mouth was slightly agape at the big prison. it was 2 floors. "wanna have our cells next to each other?" carl asked beside her.

"sure. i don't care. but i want my cell down here." ruby said looking at him.

carl nodded and walked forward.

"it's secure?" carol asked from behind lori. ruby looked at her nodding. "only this cell block." rick replied.

"what about the rest of the prison?" hershel asked. another good question.

"in the morning we'll find a cafeteria, an infirmary." rick replied again.

ruby sighed knowing they'd have to sleep in the cells. glenn stood beside ruby and put a hand on her shoulder.

"we sleep in the cells right?" ruby asked beside glenn. glenn nodded and squeezed her shoulder.

"we found some keys on a guard. daryl has a set too." rick said to her giving her small smile.

"i ain't sleepin' in no cage." daryl said. ruby looked around looking for his voice. she saw him up above.

"i'll take the perch." he said walking off. he was on the second floor.

ruby walked into a cell that was besides the one that beth had walked in. "claimed!" she shouted. it was a cell with one bed.