A New Emotion?!

It had been a month since Riley started high school, and everything in headquarters had been going smoothly.

All the new emotions like Envy, Ennui, Embarrassment, and Anxiety had finally settled in, and Riley's mind had been working like clockwork.

"Alright, everyone! Get ready for a greaaat Monday! Everyone, c'mon, wake up, we need to be here for Riley!" Joy called out, making a ruckus and banging on surfaces. All the emotions groaned and groggily got out of their beds.

Anxiety, full off energy drinks, walked over to Joy with a notepad.
"Ok, I've put together a list of everything we need to get through the day that will help us get through the year, then the rest of her life" She smiled, looking up to Joy.

Her eyes were twitching, and her smile was crooked. It was clear she was being genuine and also that she pulled another all-nighter.

"Anxiety, how about you take a step back today and take a rest, you deserve it for all the... hard work... you did last night on that list." Joy said, trying to come up with a reason for Anxiety to not control the console.

"B-but Joy, I really think you should look at thi-!" Before Anxiety could finish, she was shoved into her special chair, and it was turned on.

Her voice was wobbly as the chair vibrated. "BuUuT JoOy!"
Joy shooshed her and then walked over to the console.

"Disgust, I'm going to need you and Envy to pick out an outfit and get Riley sorted with breakfast." Joy told them.

"Riley is going to look so good. She'll be the talk of her whole school." Disgust said proudly, pressing buttons on the console.

"Maybe Riley will look so good. The whole school will want to be like her and start wanting to be like her! Becuase Riley is better than all of them! Hehehehe" Envy said energetically. She sounded almost menacing.

"M- maybe tone it down a bit, you sound terrifying..." Fear commented, his voice sounding weak and unsure.

"OH SHUT UP!!" Fear and Embarrassment jumped at Anger's sudden outburst. Embarrassment tightened his hoodie strings and covered his face with it.

Sadness quickly came over to comfort Embarrassment, "Hey, it's okay, big guy." She smiled gently at him, and he slightly opened his hoodie to look at her.

Ennui, as always, was laying down on the couch, glued to her phone, bored as ever.

Life was good, and Riley was headed to school.
Her mind was like clockwork, and ever emotion had their place.

"JOY, WE HAVE A SITUATION!" Disgust called out. Envy spoke up. "She forgot to wash her hair last night!", "AND ITS BEEN 5 DAYS!! HOW COULD WE LET THIS HAPPEN?! HER HAIR IS GOING TO LOOK GROSS AND SHINEY!" Disgust was speaking with pure fear.

Anxiety suddenly appeared at the console, moving fast and rapidly, as she pressed buttons and moved levers. "Oh gosh, what if they laugh at us? What if we become a laughing stock for the whole school?! WHAT IF EVERYONE REMEMBERS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!??"

Joy chimes in and stops her. "That is not going to happen. Just put her hair in a pony tale like usual. No one will even notice!" Joy leads Anxiety away from the console.

"I guess you're right..." Anxiety said defeated and feeling foolish. She quickly walked back to her special chair, fiddling with her hands.

Disgust calls out, "Ok, the pony tale will do for until we get home, at least." Joy smiled wide and cheered,
"Alright, everyone, let's get our girl to school!"

~~☆♡☆~~

Alright, bye Mum, bye Dad!
Riley got out of the car and walked through the school gates.

Riley sees a few of her friends and greets them as she walks into the school. She had gotten there a bit early to spend time with them.

Joy stood up at the console, pressing buttons and making Riley happy.
"Oh, look at all of Riley's friends, aren't they great guys?" Joy asked the other emotions. They all agreed in unison.

"GUYS, IT'S VAL!" Envy said excitedly.

"She is so pretty!"

"Who said that? And why is the console... dark pink?!" Joy looked around confused only to see a medium-sized maroon but also dark hot pink coloured emotion.

All the emotions turned to see what it was.

"Oh, hi! I'm Passion! It's nice to meet you all."

~~☆♡☆~~

739 words
Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! :>