Isn't she nice?

All the emotions were pushing and shoving, trying to greet Passion. To them, she seemed like a fun new addition to headquarters. But right now, Passion felt like they were getting distracted from Riley. Life was still going on, and that pretty girl was still in front of Riley.

She frantically scanned around for Anxiety as she seemed to know the most out of all the emotions. She could give Passion the rundown of this pretty girl so she could help Riley make a good relationship with her.

Finally, she saw Anxiety near the back of the crowd and decided to get to her as fast as possible. "Ah, sorry, can I just- squeeze though!" Passion was trying to be polite, but she really didn't want to waste any longer when she had a chance right in front of her.

"Hi, Anxiety, do you think you could give me a run down on this pretty girl Riley's talking to? I wanna use the console, but I need to know the situation first." Passion said it extremely fast, Anxiety could tell she didn't want to beat around the bush.

"Oh- um, yeah! Her name is Val, she's in Riley's hockey team, and Riley really admires her. They're on great terms, and they text every night." Passion smiled excitedly as Anxiety gave her the run down.

Immediately, she walked to the console. "Peeeeerrfeeeect!" Passion said in a sing-song voice, clicking buttons and flicking levers.

Almost instantly, Anxiety's respect for her went through the roof. She thought about how the other emotions were. They just acted on impulse, too neglectful to think things through. Perhaps that was just Anxiety's way of thinking. It was her main purpose.

Passion continued to control the console as the other emotions watched in awe.
Except for Ennui, she was still glued to her phone, unresponsive to the current situation.

All was going well. Val was laughing, and so was Riley. It seemed like their encounter would only go uphill from there.

Suddenly, there was a snap. Riley's hair started to feel loose, but it didn't move much due to how greasy it was.

Fear and Disgust both simultaneously pressed the console, shoving Passion out of the way.

"Oh gosh! Her hair band snapped!" Discust exclaimed.
"WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!?" Fear yelled.

Riley quickly grabbed her hair and had a worried look on her face.
Val looked down to her and saw the state of her hair.

Anxiety pressed a few buttons on the console. Uncertainty taking over her face. "Why is Val looking at Riley?! What does it mean!!?? I-is she disgusted?!"

Passion walked over to Anxiety and put a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. If Val's as good a friend to her as you say, she won't care." Anxiety looked up as Passion said that and she slowly took her hands off the console.

"Hair situation?" Val asked with a caring smile on her face. "C'mon, I've got some shampoo spray, hair bands and a hair brush. I'll fix you up before you start class."

Riley smiled "Thanks Val, I really appreciate it."

Joy took hold of the console, prompting Riley to give a positive response.

"Aw, Val's just a sweetheart" Sadness spoke.
"Isn't she nice?" Joy replied with a smile.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

After Riley was completed fixed up, her hair looked much better than before. Val was super great.

Riley headed to class and finished her day at school to get picked up by her parents.

She went to hockey practice, went home, had dinner, got ready for bed then fell asleep. It was a pretty successful day for a new emotion that was for sure.

"Alright everybody! Today was great! Lets have a quick talk all together and then we can all get some rest!" Joy said energetically to the group. Everyone quickly got ready for the little meeting Joy had called before they all went to bed.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

657 words

I'm enjoying writing this so much >:]