chapter three: into the unknown

Ray woke up with a jolt, disoriented and unfamiliar with his surroundings. The room was plain, sterile, and eerily quiet, except for the faint hum of machinery. Panic crept in as he realized he wasn't in his own bed or any place he recognized.

Sitting up slowly, Ray scanned the room for any clues about where he might be. The door opened suddenly, and in walked three strange figures that he could hardly believe were real—a blue, humanoid cockroach wearing glasses, a gelatinous blob with a cheerful demeanor, and a half-ape, half-fish creature standing cautiously.

"Good morning," the cockroach greeted warmly, stepping forward. "I'm Dr. Cockroach, PhD. This is B.O.B., and that's Link."

Ray's heart raced, unsure if he should be relieved or more terrified. "Where am I? What's going on?"

Dr. Cockroach adjusted his glasses with a calm demeanour. "You're in a secure government facility, Mr. Manchester. You've been through quite an extraordinary experience."

Ray's mind raced as he struggled to make sense of his situation. "Extraordinary? You mean what happened with the meteorite..."

B.O.B. oozed forward, his gelatinous form shimmering with curiosity. "You're Ginormica now! Just like Susan!"

Ray looked down at his hands, feeling a mix of awe and fear. "Ginormica? But I was supposed to get married..."

Dr. Cockroach nodded sympathetically. "Yes, your wedding day took an unexpected turn. But rest assured, we're here to help you."

Ray's scepticism lingered, his eyes darting around the unfamiliar room. "Help me? How?"

Link, the ape-fish hybrid, stepped closer with a reassuring smile. "Dr. Cockroach is an expert in unusual phenomena. We'll figure this out together."

Before Ray could respond, the facility's alarms suddenly blared to life, causing him to jump in surprise. The ground trembled faintly, and distant voices echoed through the corridor.

"What's happening?" Ray asked, his voice tinged with panic.

Dr. Cockroach's demeanour turned serious as he glanced towards the door. "It seems we have an intruder. Stay here, Mr. Manchester. We'll investigate."

With that, Dr. Cockroach, B.O.B., and Link hurried out of the room, leaving Ray alone with his racing thoughts. Fear gnawed at him as he listened to the commotion outside. Desperate for answers and reassurance, he scanned the room, his eyes falling on a table where a strange sludge sat in a container.

Approaching cautiously, Ray leaned in to examine the sludge, his curiosity mixed with apprehension. Just then, Dr. Cockroach appeared beside him, startling him with his sudden presence.

"Looking for answers, I see," Dr. Cockroach remarked, his tone calm yet tinged with a hint of mystery, just like in the film.

Ray looked up, meeting Dr. Cockroach's gaze. "What is this place? Who are you people?"

Dr. Cockroach sighed, his expression softening. "All in due time, Mr. Manchester. Right now, let's focus on understanding what happened to you."

Ray nodded, feeling a flicker of relief amidst the uncertainty. Little did he know, this encounter with Dr. Cockroach, B.O.B., and Link would set the stage for a series of extraordinary events that would challenge his understanding of the world and his place in it.