chapter one: an unexpected turn of events

Ray stood nervously in the decorated bandstand, adjusting his bow tie for the fifth time in as many minutes. The park was beautiful, filled with blooming flowers and the gentle sound of a nearby fountain. Today, the world knew him not as Captain Man but as a man deeply in love, about to marry the woman of his dreams, Jennifer Hart.

He took a deep breath and looked around. The sun was shining brightly, and the air was filled with the scent of roses. It was the perfect day for a wedding. Despite his usual confidence as a superhero, today he felt a different kind of excitement and nerves.

Lost in thought, Ray didn't notice Jennifer approaching until she called his name softly. "Ray?"

He turned to see her standing at the entrance to the bandstand, looking radiant in her wedding dress. His heart skipped a beat. "Jennifer, you look... breath taking."

She smiled, stepping closer. "Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." She reached out to straighten his bow tie, her touch soothing his nerves.

Ray chuckled, his anxiety melting away. "I can't believe this day is finally here."

"Neither can I," she replied, her eyes sparkling with joy. "We've been through so much together. I'm so glad we made it to this moment."

Ray took her hands in his, his voice tender. "I promise to make you happy, Jen. Every single day."

Jennifer smiled, her eyes misting over. "I know you will. And I'll do the same for you."

Ray glanced around, suddenly remembering something. "You know, it's supposed to be bad luck to see the groom before the wedding in his suit."

Jennifer laughed softly. "Oh, really? Well, we've never been ones to follow all the rules, have we?"

"No, I suppose not," Ray admitted, squeezing her hands gently. "But still, we don't want to tempt fate. You should probably get back to the altar."

"Alright," Jennifer said, leaning in to kiss his cheek. "I'll see you soon, Mr. Manchester."

Ray watched her walk away, his heart swelling with love and anticipation. He took another deep breath, ready to join her at the altar and start their new life together.

Just as he was about to step down from the bandstand, a sudden flash of light erupted in the sky, accompanied by a deafening boom. The ground shook violently, causing the bandstand to tremble. Birds scattered in panic, and the serene setting was shattered by the sudden chaos.

"What the...?" Ray looked up and saw a massive meteorite hurtling toward him. There was no time to think. He turned to run, but the meteorite was too fast.

It crashed down near the bandstand with a blinding force, the impact throwing Ray off his feet. He tried to shield himself, but the meteorite's energy engulfed him, sending a searing pain through his entire body. Everything went dark.

Ray awoke to a strange sensation. His body felt heavy, but at the same time, he was acutely aware of his surroundings. He groaned and tried to sit up but found himself lying on the ground in the park, the sky above him. He remembered the meteorite and the pain, but he felt... different.

Shaking his head to clear it, Ray slowly stood up, his body aching but intact. He looked around and saw the chaos caused by the meteorite: a large crater nearby and debris scattered everywhere. But there was no sign of Jennifer or the guests.

He needed to find Jennifer and make sure she was safe. Ignoring the strange sensations in his body, Ray made his way towards the church, determined to continue with the wedding and figure out what had happened later.

As he approached the church, he saw Jennifer standing there, looking around anxiously. When she spotted him, her face lit up with relief.

"Ray! Thank goodness you're alright!" she exclaimed, rushing over to him. "What happened?"

Ray forced a smile, not wanting to worry her. "Just a little... meteorite incident. But I'm fine. Let's get married."

Jennifer looked at him with concern but nodded. "Alright. Let's do this."

As they stood together at the altar, ready to exchange their vows, Ray couldn't shake the feeling that something had fundamentally changed. But whatever it was, he would deal with it later. Right now, he was focused on marrying the love of his life.

(for the video, all the way through)