I woke up a few hours later in my hospital room. I was still high as a kite from the anesthesia. I watched as Izy and her mom walked in to check on me. "How are you Mickey?" Izy immediately asked. I shrugged, I honestly had no clue, it was like I felt numb. Mentally and physically. I watched as my nurse walked in. She was swapping out my pain meds for saline. I watched carefully, I knew she wouldn't drug me but you never know, these days. I spent the next few hours in and out of sleep. I watched my nurse walk in with meals  for all of us. She handed me mine along with a Gatorade. I wasn't hungry at all. I hadn't ate in days but I don't feel hungry. I managed to eat a single nugget and chugged the Gatorade. The nurse came back to grab our trays.
  "Mckenna." My nurse said. "Yeah?" I responded while reading my book. "You need to eat more than a single chicken nugget." she responded sternly. "I'm not that hungry. I chugged a whole Gatorade. ". She nodded before walking out. Shit, they're gonna probably monitor my eating. I read my book for a few minutes before going to the bathroom. It was like the food went in my system and was out immediately. I walked back in my room and read my book for an hour. My nurse walked in carrying a protein shake, one of the pedialyte type drinks they give kids that are short. "Drink this please. Take your time." She said while handing it to me. I nodded before chugging it. "That shits nasty." I snickered. The nurse rolled her eyes sarcastically while walking out.
     It didn't take long for me to become nauseous. I got in my wheel chair and went to the bathroom. I put my hair in a bun while sitting over a toilet. A minute later I vomited. Izy ran in and held my hair up and rubbed my back. "Was it that nasty?" She giggled trying to lighten the mood. Of course, I was crying because I hated vomiting. As soon as I stopped I sat against the wall in tears. "I'm sorry Izy." I mumbled. "Apology not accepted. You didn't try to get sick. Lemme get you a cup of water and a cloth to help you clean yourself up. " she said before standing up.
     A few minutes later Izy returned with a wet cloth, a anti nausea tablet and a cup of water. "Thank you." I stammered. Vomiting makes me anxious and I hate that. I wiped my face with the cloth and then put the nausea tablet on my toungue. I washed out my mouth with the water before going back to my bed and resting. "I can't stay the night cause I have work in the morning. Izy you wanna stay here or go home?" Ms. Rodriguez asked. "Stay here. Just in case she gets sick again." Izy responded. Ms Rodriguez nodded before walking out. I spent the next hour talking to Izy before she fell asleep. I fell asleep a few a minutes after her.
    The next day I woke up to a note, "Grabbing something, I'll be back in less than an hour.". My nurse walked in with breakfast. The sight of food made me nauseous. "McKenna you have to eat all of one of the things on here. I'll be back in 5 to check progress." She confirmed. I stared at the food for two minutes straight before taking a bite of the bread.