1 year later.
    Izy and I have been dating for a few months and we graduate high school this month. My aunts started me in therapy and I've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder. I haven't seen or heard from my dad in months since he fucking raped me. I developed flashbacks and triggers, I hate it. I feel so guilty for it. My therapist tries to tell me that it wasn't my fault but I know it is. In the positive side, im 1 year clean from self harm and I got accepted to my dream university with a scholarship.
   I got out of bed and got into my uniform, I switched jobs. I'm working at a cafe with higher pay now. I put on light makeup and then started to drive to work. I noticed a girl, my age sitting in the middle of the road and I immediately pulled over. I ran to the girl and bent down. "Hey love, what's wrong?" I asked. "I'm disgusting. I don't deserve to live anymore. I fricking got raped all b-because I wanted to take a w-walk." She stuttered. "Calm down. Your gonna be okay. Have you seen a doctor yet?" I asked. She shook her head. "If you feel comfortable, I would be able to drive you to the best hospital ever. They took care of me when I was assaulted.". She nodded before following me to my car.
    "Is it gonna get better?" She asked while we waited for her test results. "Yes. I promise. I thought I would never get better but here I am." I assured her. She nodded before wiping away a tear from her eye. My phone started to ring, it was my aunt. I stepped out of the room and answered. She was wondering where I was so I explained the situation and she told me how kind I am and how I most likely saved the girls life. I walked back into the room to see the girl in tears.
    "I'm scared, McKenna. I have n-no where to go. My parents d-died and I don't wanna live with my brother. He..He hurts m-me. " she stuttered. "Breathe. I'm sure my aunts won't mind if you stay with us. Once you get evaluated I'll call them." I comforted her. We waited a few hours for her to get evaluated where they then determined she needs outpatient treatment weekly but that's all. I called my aunts and they were 100% okay with the girl staying with us.
     "You told me your name but I haven't told you mine yet. My names Vaniela, Vani for short. I'm 14." She stated. "Well, hello Vani. My names McKenna as you know and I'm 18. I am also a rape survivor and I'm a year clean from self harm." I said while keeping my eyes on the road. She nodded.
    We walked into the house where my aunts introduced themselves to Vaniela. I showed Vani the guest room. "Your gonna stay here until I get my own house. Or until you get a legal guardian." I said gently. She nodded before sitting on the bed. "I have some clothes I can give you. Just settle in and I'll grab some stuff for you.". I went into my room and grabbed 3 outfits and 3 pairs of pajamas, it was all I could give at the moment. I handed Vani the clothing, and she went to go shower.
    The next day, Vani and I went to school. I had no friends besides Izy
                Isabelle
    I showed up to school and saw McKenna. She seemed to have regressed in her mood. "Hey, you okay Mickey?" I asked. She was visibly having a panic attack. I guided her into the study hall to calm her down. "Name 5 things you can see, love." I attempted to help ground her. "Your beautiful face, uhm tables, c-chairs, my b-backpack and books, lots of b-books." She answered. "4 things you can hear?" I asked. "Your voice, kids screaming, my foot tapping the ground and..the buzzing of the l-lights." She responded, visibly becoming calmer. "Are you feeling better now?" I asked. She nodded before resting her head onto my shoulder.
                 McKenna
    I don't know what triggered me but it hurt. Izy is helpful at stopping my panic attacks luckily. "I'm sorry Izy." I apologized. "Apology not accepted, it's not your fault. When your ready I'll walk you to class." She responded. After a few minutes of resting we walked to class. It was tough, I had a few minor flashbacks but nothing severe. The rest of my classes went by quick. At lunch me and McKenna sat together as usual. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm having constant flashbacks and panic attacks recently." I said to Izy. "Have you spoke to your counselor about it? You could be developing PTSD. " she responded. I shook my head. I wasn't able to eat any of my lunch.