Chapter 1: Rotten to the Core

Once upon a time, long, long, ago. Technically, it's more like 20 years ago. Belle, you know Belle, right? Well, she married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest friends. Huge cake. Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and somehow got elected King of the United States of Auradon!... He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks...you know...all the cool people...and booted them off to the Isle of the Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. This is my hood. No magic. No wi-fi. No way out. Or so I thought. Stay with me; you're about to meet us. But first, this happened.

    "Sleeve. Head." The tailor said, turning the boy's head straight forward to measure it. He sighed a bit, standing still. A man in a blue suit and glasses wearing a crown walked through the opened doors with a woman in a yellow dress and crown while latching onto his arm, "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" The lady smiled, placing her hand on the man's arm, "He's turning 16, dear." She let him go to grab the clothes on the foosball table as the man took off his glasses. "Hey, Pops." The boy spoke, smiling slightly. "Sixteen? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision till I was at least forty-two." The woman in yellow scoffed, looking at him, "Uh, you married me at twenty-eight." He put his glasses in his coat pocket, "It was either you or the teapot." He winks and smirks then boy as he laughs a bit and looks down. "Kidding honey, kidding." The boy looks back up, "Mom, Dad.." he steps towards them, but the tailor makes a disapproving sound, making him stand still again.

     "I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance...to live here in Auradon." The lady and man, 'mom and dad,' stood there stunned, staring at the boy who stepped away from his tailor, gesturing to the window. "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned." The man steps closer, "The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?" "We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them." "Have you?" The man walks closer, but the woman holds him back, "I gave you a second chance. Who are their parents?" She says, looking at the boy. "Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen, Hades......and Maleficent." A slight scream can be heard from the tailor as he gets up quickly and leaves. "Maleficent!? She's the worst villain in the land!." "Dad, just hear me out here!" "I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes!." "Dad, their children are innocent! Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?....Dad.." They both stare at him intently, waiting for his answer. He sighs, "I suppose their children are innocent." He walks away as the lady fixes the boy's suit. "Well...well done." She smiles at him, and he smiles back as she walks off with her husband, leaving the boy alone. The boy walks over to the window he was looking at earlier and stares out of it. Wondering what his proclamation will hold for the future.

    A boy with chin-length dark blue hair bumps into a lady, quickly stealing the food from her handheld basket. He takes a bite of the apple he stole while walking into a cave-like entrance. As he enters an old mine shaft, a loud echoing bark rings through the cave. The barking turns out to be a record as it scratches and repeats the same bark. The boy groans and fixes the record. "Krone!" A man with spiky blue hair speaks while getting off a makeshift couch, just an old mine cart with a blanket and some throw pillows. "Yes, father?" His father walks over and places his hands on his shoulders, "How do you feel about Auradon?"

    "The place that locked up every cool person known to man? Mmmm, I'm not a big fan." He brushes off his father's hands and plops onto the makeshift couch. "Well, become a big fan because you're going to Auradon." Krone laughs, "Funny, you're hilarious." "Thank you for acknowledging my amazing jokes, but I'm not kidding." Krone looks at him dumbfounded. "I'm not going to Auradon!" "Yeah, ya are! And you know what you're going to do when you get there?" "Hopefully not become a Prince." "You are going to find a way to get me out of here." Krone gets up and scoffs, "You want me to suffer for who knows how long so you can leave?" "See, we're on the same page! Go pack." Krone rolled his eyes and went to his room, packing a backpack with his belongings and mumbling.