Chapter 3: Love at First Cookie

"So you're telling you didn't have fun with our hangout yesterday?" Malaria had said to Krone as they walked down the hallways of Auradon. "Correct." They take a turn outside to where Jay was talking to a bunch of girls. "I think you really had fun and just won't admit it." Krone rolls his eyes and looks over to Mal and Ben who has just eaten one of their cookies, "Yeah...whatever.." He gets closer to the two as Jay gets behind him and places his hands on his shoulders, "How you feeling, bro?"

"I feel...I feel...I feel like singing your name! Mal, Mal!" Mal covered Ben's mouth and Jay took the cookie while looking at it. "What's up with Ben?" Macaria had asked while getting closer as Krone pulled her away from the group, "Nothing but um you were right. About us hanging out." She smiles and claps, "Ah! I knew it! Cmon, we're finna go get our tourney game seats!" She grabs him by the arm and pulls him all the way to the field.

The game had been paused while the teams talked game strategy. "So what really happened to Ben?" Macaria once again asked as they stood and watched the game unfold with 20 something seconds left on the clock. "No clue what you're talking about."

"You gave him a cookie and he started singing Mal's name. I'm not blind." Krone shakes his head as everyone screams, Ben had scored the winning goal assisted by Jay and Carlos. "Prince Ben has won it! What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And it's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever. Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn-" Ben cuts the announcer off by snatching his mic, "Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please?" The stands go silent as Ben nervously looks around then takes a breath yelling with enthusiasm, "Give me an 'M'!"

"M!" The crowd cheers back, "Give me an 'A'!"

"A!"

"Give me an 'L'!"

"L!"

"What does that spell?!"

"MAL!"

"I love you Mal, did I mention that?" Ben smiles and points to the band, "Give me a beat!" Doug counts off in Spanish as the band starts playing music. "What was in that cookie?!" Mal, Krone, and Macaria said at the same time. Krone and Macaria looked at each other as she dragged him out the stands and away from the loud music. "Tell me what was in the cookie." She said, slight annoyance lacing her voice. "I don't know, cookie stuff? I didn't technically make it." Krone replied with the same amount of annoyance lacing his voice. She crosses her arms and huffs, "If you don't tell me I'll tell Fairy Godmother about the books you stole from the library."

"How do you know I did that?"

"I didn't, until you told me." Krone groans then takes a breath. "There was a love spell in the cookie....because Mal has a huge crush on Ben." Macaria's jaw drops and Krone stifles a laugh, "Yeah I had the same reaction. Don't tell. She doesn't know how to express her feelings."

"That's an understatement." She giggles, "C'mon let's head back, I kinda want to hear the rest of that song." She walks back to the stands as Krone follows, "Why exactly did they break into song? And why did everyone know what to do and what to sing?" She looks at him and pats his shoulder, "Don't question it." Krone looks at her confused as they make it back to the tourney field. "Mal! Will you go to the coronation with me?" Mal takes the mic from Ben, "Yes!" Everyone cheers happily, "You guys will unspell him right?" Macaria asks as Krone shrugs and walks towards his seat, "Krone? Krone!" She chases him back up the bleachers bugging him for an answer.

Once again the five of them were in goodness class as Fairy Godmother spoke, "Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat." She runs over to the tv and turns it on as Maleficent pops onto the screen face first into the camera. "I don't see anything, nor do I hear." Fairy Godmother calls them over as Krone stays seated sulking with his face into his book. "Press enter." Jafar says as Maleficent grabs the remote, pressing it until it works. "Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree!" Evie smiles and waves, "Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent smirks and Cruella butts in, "Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Mal awkwardly smiles and says, "This is Fairy Godmother.."

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Fairy Godmother gasps, "I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage!" They laugh as Maleficent continues, "​​You really couldn't give Cinderella till one A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?"

"They were mice!" Fairy Godmother turned around to defend herself to the kids, "They were not... they were mice. They were not..." She mumbles walking over to Krone who looks at her and chuckles a bit at how mad she looked. "Krone, we couldn't get ahold of your dad.." He sighs and shrugs, "Thank you for trying I guess." She takes an envelope out of her pocket and hands it to him which he takes, "Your mom on the other hand heard you were here and wanted you to have this. She said not to open it until after the coronation though." Krone stared at the letter stunned, then gently put it into one of his finished books, "Thank you so much." She nods as the other four walk over and Fairy Godmother walks back to tv. Krone grabs his things and gets up as Evie gets next to Mal, "M? What do you think our parents are going to do to us if we dont pull this off?" Mal thinks for a moment then looks at Evie and smiles, "I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately... Proud of us for doing our best."

"Really?" Carlos asks confused as Mal lets out a breathy "No we are definitely goners."

The five of them stand around the circular table in the boys room as they go through the plan again. "Okay, we all know what this looks like. So it'll be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. I will be in the very front. You all will be up on the balcony. Okay." No one says anything as Mal looks at Carlos, "Carlos?"

"Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand." Mal nods and picks up a bottle then looks at Evie, "Perfect. Evie, you will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light."

"Okay.." She responds as everyone quietly breaks away from the huddle. "M? You want to break Ben's love spell?"

"Yeah..You know..for after.." Evie sits down. "I've just been thinking," Mal continues, "You know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon, and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra... cruel." Evie sadly looks at her as she gets up and leaves. "I'm going to bed, I'll see you guys tomorrow.." Evie gets up as the boys wave and softly say bye.

Krone walks into the kitchen and looks at Mal who is stirring a bowl, a tear falling from her eye. "You cry?" She looks up at him then back at the bowel and giggles a tiny bit. "First time for everything..Why are you in here?" He shrugs and leans on the counter, "Couldn't sleep." She takes a breath, "Can I ask you something?"

"YOU want to ask ME something?" She nods and he shrugs, "Go ahead I guess."

"Do you think Ben will still like me if I unspell him?" Krone looks at her in slight surprise, "You don't actually have feelings for him do you?" She groans and throws her hands up into the air, "I don't know maybe! I just don't want him to hate me.." Krone stares at her then stands up straight and runs a hand through his hair. "Look I'm not the one for love advice, I think Evie would be better suited...But if I learned anything from Goodness class, it's to "follow your heart" and "do what's always right"." She looks at him and he gives her a thumbs up as he starts leaving the kitchen. He stops in front of the door, "Hey uh don't tell anyone that I gave you advice. I got a reputation to uphold." She snickers as she pours the batter into a pan, "What? That you don't like me?" He smiles, "Exactly, night!" He closes the door and Mal shakes her head as she puts the pan into the oven. Wondering if this is what her heart truly wants.