Overture

It has been about a week since Alastor and Ben has started helping with Charlie's hotel, which is now called the Hazbin Hotel.

Charlie is sitting on a couch in her bedroom, book in her hands as she sits by a massive window, which displays the entirety of Pentagram City on fire.

Charlie opens the book in her hands, and she begins to read a story to herself, not realizing two people are listening in from the doorway.

Charlie closes the book, a key now floating just above her hand.

Charlie: "Don't worry, mom." She grasps the key tightly. "I'll make you proud."

Vaggie: "Charlie?"

In surprise, Charlie drops the key, which turns into KeeKee, meowing before walking away.

Charlie turns around to face Vaggie, and she sees that Ben is also standing right next to her

Charlie: "Oh, shit. Did you two hear all that?"

Vaggie: "Uh, yeah." She gestures to the door. "We were right there."

Ben: "Sorry for eavesdropping on you like that."

Charlie: "It's fine." She looks out the window. "I just get so.....worked up after an extermination. The story helps."

Vaggie: "I know, don't worry." She sits to Charlie's left. "I enjoy your theatrics."

Ben sits down on Charlie's right, picking up the book and setting it on his lap.

Ben: "You doing alright, Char? You seem a little.....off today."

Charlie: "I'm fine, just.....thinking, ya know, family stuff."

Vaggie: "Did you hear from your mom yet?"

Charlie shakes her head solemnly.

Ben: 'Right. That phone call about a week ago. Must suck, your own mom not wanting to talk to or see you.'

Vaggie: "Oof. How long has it been now?"

Charlie: "Not that long, only....seven....years."

Ben: "Jeez. That's over half the time I've been alive." 'And a reoccurring number in my life.'

Charlie stands up, looking back out the window, and Vaggie stands up alongside her.

Charlie: "But I'm sure she's doing something really important......wherever she is. But this kingdom is something she really cared about." She hugs herself. "Something I care about."