Helluva Boss: Pilot

It has been two weeks since the events of the last chapter, and Ben has adjusted pretty well to his new home. Ben also gets along really well with Carmilla and her daughters.

In fact, Ben has adjusted so well to Hell that he doesn't intend to return back to the living world, even if he does find a way back. And he has made this very clear with Carmilla.

Yet, despite trying to bring it up numerous times, Carmilla has been unable to determine why.

His bedroom is noticeably different as well. Rather than simply a bed and dresser, there are various other items in the room.

There's a desk in the corner of the room and against the wall, a large flatscreen TV with a couch in front of it, and there is also a wall mount with serval weapons on it.

There's a short sword, a spear, a battle axe, and a couple of handguns.

Ben wakes up in a cold sweat, panting slightly as he sits up, putting his hand on the scar over his eye.

Ben: 'It's stinging again.' He looks over at the clock on the bedside table. '4:30 AM. Might as well get up.'

Ben gets out of his bed and goes into the closet, and then his dresser, grabbing a set of clothes.

Ben then goes into the bathroom and takes a long, warm shower. This shower lasts for about thirty minutes.

After finishing the shower, Ben reenters the main area of his bedroom, now in his new clothes.

Ben is wearing something a little more suited to the Carmine color scheme. A white shirt, a black pair of jeans, a black leather jacket, and a pair of black shoes.

Ben goes over to the weapons on the wall, grabbing a battle axe, before steadying it in his hands as he begins swinging it in the air in front of him.

Moving his feet quickly, he keeps swinging the battle axe around him. His movements are fluid as he moves around the room.

After a couple more swings, he spins before throwing the battle axe at a target on the wall. The weapon hits an inch to the left of the bullseye.

Ben: "Damn it."

Ben goes over the target, ripping the battle axe out, before beginning to swing it all over again.

=============================================================================================

Timeskip: 3 Hours Later
Time: 8:04 AM

Someone knocks at Ben's bedroom, but the locker doesn't get an answer. The door slowly opens, and Carmilla walks in.

Carmilla: "Benjamin, it is time for-."

Carmilla halts herself as she watches Ben as he swings a spear around.

Ben twirls around, slashing the spear through the air. He then stops and takes several jabs at a training dummy, before slicing its head off.

Ben pants slightly, propping the spear on the ground to hold himself up.

Carmilla: "Your form has improved tremendously in comparison to when you first wielded that spear."

Ben jumped slightly from Carmilla's voice, but he almost instantly calms down.

Ben: "Thanks, Carmilla." He picks the spear back up, slashing it against the air. "It's all thanks to your guidance."

Carmilla: "Do not sell yourself short, Benjamin. You are also quite dedicated to your training."