Radio Killed the Video Star

It's the next morning from the last chapter, and everyone is still a little shaken up from the new extermination date.

Charlie and KeeKee are pacing back and forth in the lounge area. Angel Dust and Ben are sitting on the couch, the former on his phone and the latter drinking a cup of coffee. Vaggie is sitting in one of the chairs away from them..

Charlie: "Okay, the extermination is coming in six months instead of a year! No big deal! Just a little setback! Nothing we can't handle! Just angels cutting our timetable in half! I mean, who needs a full year to save souls!?" She begins to hyperventilate. "And the next year when they cut our time in half again, and again, we'll just handle it! Right!?"

Vaggie and Ben get up from their seats and go over to Charlie, the former grabbing Charlie by the shoulders.

Vaggie: "Yes, we will."

Ben: "We just gotta try a little bit harder than we were before." He pats Charlie's back. "We still have a chance to make this work."

Angel Dust: "Oh, please. You had less than half a chance when you started all this salvation bullshit. And now," He looks down at his phone, countless texts from Valentino coming in. "Ain't no silver lining this time, toots."

Charlie: "Sure there is. We just gotta.....look a little harder for it."

Angel Dust: "Well, while you're looking, the rest of Hell is goin' nuts. People are already freaking out about the news." He holds up his phone, scrolling through a news app. "I mean, look what's happening in the doomsday district."

Ben: "Seems awfully intense."

A text suddenly pops up, which both Ben and Charlie read quickly.

Ben: "The fuck?"

Charlie: "Um, what is a donkey show?"

Angel Dust quickly pulls his phone back to him, looking down at the text himself.

Angel Dust: "Uh, nothin'! Just my boss, Val, is just freaking out about the news too. Like I said, everyone's losing their minds."

Vaggie: "Yeah, that's true. Sinners are desperate." She pauses for a moment. "Maybe desperate enough to try anything to avoid the extermination."

Charlie gasps and she starts getting excited again.

Charlie: "This is the perfect opportunity to recruit more sinners to the hotel!"

Ben: "Ooh, classic business tactic. Feed off of people's fear and desperation." He rubs his hands together, a smirk on his face. "I know exactly the propaganda we need."

Angel Dust: "Cute idea and all, but are you really going to go out in all of that?"

Charlie: "Well it's not like people are just gonna show up on our doorstep."

There is a sudden explosion behind Charlie, and the wall has a massive hole in it.

Outside the hotel a mechanical blimp is flying overhead, its weapons pointed down at the hotel, a loud voice coming from the mechanical wonder.

Sir Pentious: "Show yourssself, Alassstor! Come and faccce-!"

Sir Pentious spots that Alastor is drinking from a mug saying "OH DEER" on the side of it just above the hole he created.

Sir Pentious: "Oh, there you are. Faccce my wrath!"

Alastor: "Who are you?"

Sir Pentious: "Who am I? Who am I!? I am the Great Sssir Pentiousss! Inventor, architect of dessstruction! Villain extraordinaire!"