Chapter Eleven

Zach drops me home and I run up the stairs quickly getting changed into comfy clothes. I grab my keys and start driving to the police station. Memories of that day flood my mind as I think of only being close to Zach for a few days, to now being my boyfriend. I smile at these thoughts. I park my car and walk into the station. 

"Good afternoon miss, how can I help?" A old Police officer asks 

"Hi there, I'm here to collect my phone" I reply 

"What's the name" 

"Stephanie Wilson" I replied 

He nodded and went out the back, 5 minutes he returns and hands me my phone, making me sign a piece of paper. I quickly signed it and left, wanting to never see this place again. 

I get into my car, locking the door and start up my phone. I go and see all of the notifications. Everything overwhelms me so I put on Ariana Grandes song 'The boy is mine' and drive home. 

When I arrive I see that my parents are back. I roll my eyes, gone for 2 weeks my ass. It's been well longer than that. I try to quickly escape up the stairs but my mum stops me. 

"Hello to you to Stephanie" Mum says 

"Sorry mum, I've had a long day, I really just want to go to bed. I'll catch up to you tomorrow" I say not even waiting for a reply. I put my phone on charge and went to sleep. 

*The next day*

I wake up, and look over at my phone and see the date. Oh, it's my birthday. I know what you're thinking. I should be more excited, but my birthday is just another day to me. I roll out of bed and get showered quickly, changing into a blue summer dress. As I'm fixing my hair my mum walks in. 

"Happy birthday sweetheart" My mum chimes 

"Thanks mum" I say passing her off 

"Come down stairs when you're ready, I've made breakfast" She says staring at me 

"Yeah, thanks" I say 

She looks at me and goes to say something, but changes her mind. She shakes her head and walks out of my room. I roll my eyes. I'm so overwhelmed with everything going on. I just want a day were nothing is a big deal, or is that too much to ask for?

I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. My dad is sitting at the table reading the newspaper and my mum is finishing up breakfast. I sit in front of my dad and he looks up at me. He wishes me a happy birthday and I say my thanks. My mum comes over and sets a plate in front of me. 

"Thank you mum" I say playing with food with my fork 

I get lost in thought until my dad coughs, bringing my attention to my parents, who are looking at me with two heads. 

"What's wrong with you" Dad speaks 

"Nothing I'm just tired" 

Dad falls for it but I look over to my mum, she's not convinced. 

"What happened" My mum says with a tone that tells me shes not going to drop it 

A tear falls from my eye and I look down at my plate. I start telling them what happened with Peter. 

"That dick, wait till I get my hands on him" My dad shouts, fists clenched 

"He's already put away" I say tears falling 

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry you had to deal with this alone" My mum says crying coming over and giving me a hug 

"I wasn't alone, Zach was with me the whole time" I say telling them all about him