Tour Mode - Family that I chose - Part 2

Seeing the stadium empty after two nights of the overwhelming buzz of 90,000 excited fans is bizarre. The quiet is in stark contrast to the wall of sound from the show earlier tonight. Not only that but standing up here on the stage—it's a view she won't soon forget.

Trav had texted after the show telling them to meet them in Tay's dressing room rather than heading back to the house. And while both she and Jason are tired and somewhat dreading the flight in just a few hours, curiosity gets the best of them. Tay is showered and in leggings and a sweatshirt and a couple of her dancers and Travis are laughing when they arrive.

Taylor's eyes light up when she sees them and she comes over bouncing on her heels. The post-show high seems extra tonight.

"Did you have fun? The crowd was fucking electric."

Ky smiles at the familiar phrase, "So much fun! Somehow it was even better tonight, Tay. I wish we could stay for tomorrow."

Taylor's smile grows bigger at that. "We do too, so we decided to let you in on our secret."

Jason raises his eyebrows at her, "Secret?"

Travis, overhearing, walks to join them, "Big secret," he says, looking at Tay with a conspiratorily look. The pair are in cahoots about something.

"Just come watch," she says.

And that is how they end up on the stage, chairs set up facing away from the audience towards the long runway. Taylor is in front of them talking to a person with her microphone. She's all business but Kylie can see the excitement vibrating underneath it all.

"What are these two up to? Where is Trav?" Jason asks, looking around.

At that moment, Taylor takes the microphone lays on the ground, and says, "Count off ten, Calvin!" Kylie realizes she's in the pose from the end of "The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived" just as the outro of the song begins to play as do the normal graphics on the screen. She looks up as the stage opens and the dancers rise up with the set.

Only it's not just dancers.

At first, she thinks he's just goofing around. She and Jason share a look but then realize Travis is a part of the scene as he scoops Taylor up effortlessly, carrying her towards the couch. Halfway there, Tay breaks out into audible giggles.

"Sorry! Sorry!"

"I told you I'd win the bet. I'm a professional!" Travis crows.

"You cheated, you're tickling under my arm!" she argues.

"You mean carrying you galiantly? Tay, please."

"Okay, let's go again." Taylor and Travis turn and look over at them, grinning. Ky can't help but grin back. Jason grabs her hand, and they share a smile at the pair in front of them.

They run through the entire routine a few times. Travis quickly getting his part and only a little giggling between them. Travis breaks when Kam makes Taylor throw kisses his way with her limp arms. It's a joy to see how much fun they have together. Ky always thought Travis needed someone who matched his energy. Who'd be his partner in crime. And here she is. She just so happens to be the most famous person on the planet. But if anyone was going to have a love story like this, it was Trav. And seeing them together, the fame and bigness of everything fades away. They could be just two goofs doing this in the backyard. The glitz doesn't even register with Tay and Trav—they're just having fun.

They run through it a final time before deciding it's good. Kam and Jan go down under the stage with the props and Taylor and Travis turn to come towards them. Travis bends and swoops her back up.

"Gotta do a few more reps," he teases, walking towards them.

"What did you think?" she asks a bit breathless as he sets her in front of them.

"You two are crazy and everyone is going to love it," Jason answers. "What in the world made you decide to put this bozo in the show?"

Taylor beams up at Travis. "Travis joked once about learning the show choreo in case we needed a sub and it just stuck with me. Plus that SNL skit you all did popped up on my Instagram again and here we are."

Jason shakes his head, laughing. "You've found your match, Trav."

Travis reaches over to Tay and pulls her close with a kiss on her head. "You already know."

"The internet is going to break," Kylie adds. "I can't wait to find a livestream to watch."

"I'll send you a link to the feed we have for when Trav or my parents want to watch."

Jason stands up and claps his hands. "Now then, I'm starving. Pizza back at the house?"

"Already had someone order it for us before we started," Taylor replies with a knowing look.

"Okay, Travis," Jason teases as he grabs his brother around the neck, walking towards the stairs. "We will be keeping Tay. She's gunning for the spot as my favorite now."

Kylie and Taylor bump shoulders as they walk behind.