Chapter 5

TW: smut

TW: smut

The following evening arrived, charged with a delicious eagerness sustained by the playful text exchanges you and Yunho had shared since swapping numbers.

You'd taken extra care with your appearance, choosing a simple yet elegant black satin dress that hugged your curves. Your hair, normally pulled back in a practical style for the cafe, was now swept up into a chic bun, a few face-framing strands escaping to dance around your cheeks in soft, loose waves.

Your heart hammered a wild rhythm against your ribs, blood rushing through your veins in overtime, as the anxious nerves held you hostage in anticipation for the romantic evening.

As you step foot inside the restaurant, your eyes widened as they found his, heart almost stopping at the mere sight of him.

His attire, a mirror image of your own colour palette, showcased a sartorial elegance that was both striking and captivating. A black suit, subtly accented with pinstripes, draped effortlessly over his tall, lean frame, highlighting his broad shoulders. Beneath the blazer, a black shirt peeked through, a few buttons undone at the top to reveal a glimpse of his fair skin and a silver chain that glinted under the warm, haze of candlelights and restaurant lighting.

His ebony hair was styled to the side with a slight artful dishevelment, adding a touch of casual charm to his sophisticated ensemble. You almost failed to recognise him, due to the absence of his usual silver-rimmed glasses. Revealing the full intensity of his dark eyes, making him appear even more attractive if that was even possible.

The ringing of your rapid heartbeat thrums against your eardrums as your legs slowly move you towards him, a pool of heat already growing down below as your eyes drink up his flawless beauty.

Yunho acknowledges your presence and rises from his seat, taking your hand and placing a delicate kiss on the back of it. The subtle touch of his lips making your insides tingle in excitement.

"You look breathtaking," He compliments, his eyes savouring you as if you were an angel.

"Thank you, you look dashing yourself." A shy smile quirks your lips. You avoid his gaze for a split second, feeling overwhelmed by his compliment.

Your eyes glance over to a boquet of bright, red roses enrapped in matte black paper, that was laid next to him.

His eyes quickly trail your line of sight, to which he lets out an awkward chuckle.

"Ah," he nervously rubs the back of his neck.

"I know it's cheesy, but I chose roses because they're timelessly beautiful. Just like yourself. I couldn't resist not getting them for you."

You both take refuge on the luxurious plush seat of the red booth, your hand immediately picking up the bouquet and drawing it towards your face, the velvety petals tickling your cheeks at the proximity. Your eyes flutter close in content as you inhale the roses, the rich, musky sweetness filling your senses.