Chatper 66

Makarov: "Deal with it! Considering all that has happened I have no choice but to cancel the S-Class wizard trials!"

Mirajane: "Considering the Magic Council sent in a spy to our Guild.

Yu: "we were attacked by Grimoire Heart, master have no choice."

Much to everyone's dissatisfaction, they had no choice but to listen to Makarov. All except for Natsu.

Natsu: "This sucks! I want to be S-Class right now!"

Makarov: *Sigh* "In that case, you can take the final trial right now. If you can beat me right now, I'll promote you to S-Class on the spot."

Natsu: "All right then! You're gonna be looking at the-"

Makarov grew his arm to a large size and punched Natsu, slamming him into a tree.

Yu: "huh that just to bad."

Timeskip

Natsu, Yu, and Gildarts were fishing at a lake on Tenrou Island. Natsu was busy snoring away while they were fishing. They had already caught a sizable amount of fish while Happy was pretty much gleaming at the amount of fish Yu caught.

Gildarts: "Could you look anymore excited Natsu?"

Natsu: "Sorry, not my fault this is so boring."

Gildarts: "You just don't get it. Fishing is part of a man's spiritual journey."

Yu was focused on fishing while Gildarts went on about what the spirit of fishing was for a man. The rod on Natsu's rod dipped into the water for a moment. Natsu started pulling on the rod.

Natsu: "Look at that, I got a bite!"

Gildarts: "Way to go, now reel it in gently..."

Lucy and Cana, who just got there from bathing in a medicinal spring, walked towards them.

Lucy: "Hey guys!"

Gildarts: "Shh, Natsu's learning what the spirit of fishing is, so don't interrupt us."

Lucy: "I'm sorry, but Cana has something she wants to talk to you about."

Lucy suddenly grabbed Natsu, Happy, and Yu off the bushes to make it look like they left, but in reality, they were listening in.

Lucy: "Come on guys, we should get going, put your rods down."

Natsu: "My journey!"

Happy: "My dinner!"

Lucy: "Shh! Go back to camp for now."

They sat there and listened to Gildarts' and Cana's conversation, ignoring Lucy, Yu in the other hand was just minding his own business at took a water canteen to take a sip on.

Gildarts: "So what's up?"

Cana: "Did you know... the reason I joined the Guild was to find my father?"

Gildarts: "No, that's the first I've heard of it. Wait, you joined the Guild to find him? Was your old man a part of the Guild?"

Cana: "Yes, uh..."

Lucy: *Whisper* "Come on Cana, you can do it... wait, why are you four still here?!"

Cana: "... His name is Gildarts. I... I'm... your daughter."

Lucy nodded behind the bushes while Natsu, Happy, looked on with their mouths gaping wide open, while Yu spat out his water and started coughing by the shock. Gildarts took a moment to process Cana's words before yelling out in shock.

Cana: "I've tried to tell you, but things kept getting in the way."

Gildarts: "Y-you mean to tell me you're...!"