12: In The Tomb

Xie Lian

As Windmaster checked the walls, I moved through the trees, and a gush of cold air rushed upon me. I spotted an entrance into somewhere deep and dark -- in some way, it reminded me of a tomb underground.

"I found something!" I called.

Once he walked over, he took a long look.

I smiled at him. "Maybe we'll find something to help us, it's worth a shot."

"I suppose," There was a gush of wind before Shi Qingxuan turned into the women I recognized -- giving me a warm smile as she held her fan stretched in front of her. "Better safe than sorry. Go ahead."

I took a deep breath before taking steps forward.

"You can do it!"

"Go ahead."

"Right behind youuu-"

I chuckled and shook my head -- she wasn't following, was she?

The stairs crumbled a bit as I stepped -- the echo bouncing off the walls. I held the side and continued down until I reached the last step. In front of me was a door, old and rusted. I wasn't sure how old this could have been. It seemed to be thousands of years old.

I slowly wrapped my hand around the doorknob, before pushing it open. Once it was out all the way, the candles flickered on.

My eyes widened, I couldn't find the words for such a display.

There seemed to be hundreds of stone statues encased and sculpted by hand. What shocked me was that they were statues of me -- carved into perfection. Of each timeline..

I was at a loss of words -- I walked around each statue, some of me as Dionxia, others of me kneeling as if I was stroking something on the ground.

I was face to face with one -- I slid my fingers across the stone encased skin, down to the crease of clothing. I moved to another that seemed to be staring in a direction, Ruoye was even carved perfectly.

There was one statue surrounded by different colored flowers -- it was more brighter than all the others. I touched the hands, cupped and outstretched with a red flower in its hands -- head hung low. It was very recent.

My eyes softened, before my fingers stopped at a necklace carved on the stone. It was the same butterfly necklace around my neck.

I felt as though I couldn't breathe -- who would be watching me in this way? I wrapped a hand around my necklace, eyes wide and face flushed in a red hue. This didn't seem right -- I took a few steps back.

"Xianle! Is everything okay?!" She called back before making her way down.

I was moved out of my thoughts when she tapped my shoulder -- I flinched and looked over. "I- don't know what to say.."

"Oh? This got interesting-" She says back, taken in shock. "Better not let this person see you now, yikes-"

"This..This isn't me." I answered back, swallowing the nervousness in my voice. "Let's continue."