Chapter 32 Please Come Out

Samaya woke with a frightened cry, her eyes wide with fear, the remnants of a nightmare clinging to her consciousness. She cautiously stuck her head out of the crack, scanning the surroundings for any sign of Leviathan. He sat beside the crevice, his back against the wall, one leg casually bent, and his arm resting on it. As Samaya peeked out, she found Leviathan's gaze meeting hers, accompanied by a reassuring smile that sought to ease the lingering shadows of her nightmares. "Did you have a nightmare, my dear? Let me hold you," he offered, his voice soft and inviting.

She hesitated for a moment, then withdrew her head back inside the crack. Her anger lingered, a storm of emotions swirling within her as she grappled with the unsettling events that had unfolded outside. "I can give you anything you need or, if you want, hear me plead. Just come out," he said with a light smile. "Go away, I want to be alone," she whispered, burying her head in her knees.

Suddenly a voice rang out from the background, "Did she come out?" Hyo, standing at the entrance in his human form, called out to her. She remained silent, still seething with anger. Hyo gestured for Leviathan to join him outside, a serious expression on his face. Leviathan, sitting next to the crack, exchanged a quick glance with Samaya before reluctantly moving towards Hyo. He shared with Leviathan about the peacock he had hunted. "She likes glittering and sparkling things; maybe she'll come out to get the feathers," he suggested, considering Samaya's preferences. Then he walked back to retrieve the peacock while Leviathan contemplated the idea of luring Samaya out with food, well aware that she was a foodie and wouldn't avoid a delicious meal.

Leaning closer to the crack, Leviathan asked Samaya, "What do you want to eat? I can prepare something for you." "I want noodles, long strands of dough. Do you have anything like that?" Samaya replied. Leviathan, puzzled, shook his head. "Noodles? I'm not familiar with that." Samaya explained, "You need flour, eggs, water, and a bit of salt. Mix them together, roll out the dough, and then cut it into long, thin strips. That's how you make noodles. Cook it in water with the chicken you hunted." Leviathan nodded, deciding to prepare the noodles, hoping the aroma of the dish would entice her out of the cave.

Once Hyo returned, he handed Leviathan the meat and squatted before the hole, shaking the colorful feathers right before Samaya's eyes. The vibrant display aimed to captivate her attention and coax her out of her hiding place. Samaya's eyes followed the shaking feathers, mesmerized by the sparkling colors that danced before her. The vibrant hues seemed to cast a spell, momentarily captivating her attention. Hyo glanced at Leviathan with a triumphant smirk playing on his face, but his expression faltered as Samaya's small, delicate hand swiftly snatched the feathers from him and retreated back inside the crack in the wall.

Leviathan, with a subtle smirk, began cooking the noodles, glancing at Hyo as if to say that his approach hadn't worked out so well. The tantalizing scent of freshly cooked noodles, combined with the aroma of parsley, wafted through the air, reaching Samaya inside the cave. The enticing fragrance made her mouth water, and she couldn't resist the temptation. As the irresistible aroma enveloped her senses, Samaya hesitated for a moment, glancing at the entrance. The mouthwatering scent proved too alluring to resist, prompting her to crawl out of the crack and follow the trail that led her to the delicious food prepared by Leviathan. Leviathan handed her a bowl filled with steaming noodles, garnished with parsley. The aroma made her mouth water, and as she sat down, he offered her the delectable dish. She enjoyed the noodles with relish, savoring each bite. However, he soon realized that it was just a temporary victory as she retreated back into the hole after finishing.