Chapter 35 Don't Touch The Blue Honey

As the males approached the bee queen, they eagerly informed her about the presence of the new female in the village. Intrigued, the queen decided to investigate herself. Samaya, unaware of the unfolding events, continued to dance with Hyo, lost in the moment.

Upon arriving at the square, the bee queen instructed one of the beastmen to fetch Hyo and bring him before her. The vibrant atmosphere of the dance suddenly shifted as the news of the bee queen's arrival spread through the crowd. Hyo, recognizing the queen, reluctantly left Samaya's side and approached her. “What do you want?” Hyo asked, trying to mask his wariness. The queen’s eyes scanned the crowd, searching for Samaya. "Where is the female you brought?" she inquired. Hyo informed the queen that the female she sought was near the center of the square. "She can't speak our language and only understands her mates," he added, hoping to downplay any potential threat Samaya might pose. The queen's eyes fixated on Samaya, who hesitantly walked towards the queen, stopping next to Leviathan. The queen gestured for one of her spouses to fetch a specific bottle from her home.

The queen’s appearance caught Samaya's attention: she was chubby, with short yellow hair adorned with small bee tattoos all over her body. Samaya noted that the queen wasn't particularly unattractive, but she also didn't strike her as particularly beautiful. Unaware that the majority of females were less attractive than the queen, Samaya couldn't comprehend that the queen was regarded as a beauty in the eyes of the males. Feeling a twinge of annoyance, the queen couldn’t shake the notion that Samaya, with her graceful appearance, surpassed her in beauty. She observed Samaya intently, secretly searching for any signs that she might be a bee queen in disguise. As her eyes fell on the beast tattoo on Samaya's chest, she sighed in relief. A true bee queen would never mate with any beastmen other than fellow bee beastmen, reassuring herself that Samaya posed no threat to her position.

As the word spread among the males that Samaya wasn't a potential rival, those without a spouse began eyeing her, considering her as a possible new queen. Leviathan, sensing the burning glances from other males, emanated a powerful aura, asserting his strength and discouraging any potential rivals.

The queen's spouse returned, presenting a small bottle filled with milky white honey. The queen gestured for Samaya to drink it. Hyo nodded approvingly, and after a moment’s hesitation, Samaya decided to trust their gestures. She took the bottle from the queen and drank the milky-white honey in one go. The honey had a surprisingly sweet and pleasant taste, leaving Samaya wishing she had savored it slowly. The bee queen explained to Hyo that the honey Samaya had just consumed would grant her the ability to understand the language of the bee tribe.

Inviting them enthusiastically, she shared details about the special celebration taking place inside a nearby cave. Hyo turned to Samaya. "Would you like to attend the celebration inside the cave?" Samaya expressed to the queen that they would love to attend.

Before they entered, Hyo took Samaya aside, his expression serious. "Listen, dear, inside the cave, there’s blue honey. It’s not dangerous, but it’s drugged. It can have unpredictable effects, and I want to make sure you don’t accidentally consume it. Just steer clear of the blue honey, alright?" Samaya looked at Hyo with curiosity. "Drugged honey? Why would they have that?" Hyo explained, "The males use it to have fun, but for females, it can be problematic. We want to avoid any unnecessary complications, right?"

Samaya nodded in understanding, though a spark of curiosity lingered in her eyes. "I'll be careful," she assured Hyo, but part of her couldn’t resist the allure of the mysterious blue honey. Later, when the opportunity presented itself, she couldn’t help but steal a glance at the tempting substance, wondering about its taste. Hyo, knowing Samaya’s curiosity and love for food, silently vowed to keep a close eye on her during the upcoming party, especially around the enticing but potentially troublesome blue honey.

Read my second story, "Ethernal Bounds: Love In The Underwater Domain" as well. ^^