011. forgiveness

DREW LETS OUT A BREATH, preparing himself for everything he's planning on telling the woman across from him. Blair looks at him in the eyes, taking a sip of her wine. The two are finally out at a nice restaurant by themselves in a private dinner.

Thankfully, Madelyn had successfully convinced her close friend to accept Drew's invitation to a nice dinner. It's been a couple of weeks since the rumored argument on set that they had and it's about time the pair have come into terms with it.

"Blair, let me just start off my apologizing for everything. Not just my cause of the argument in front of everyone on set, but everything else before that—stuff from months ago and I think we both know what I'm referring to." He doesn't stutter one bit.

The hazel eyed girl can easily tell he's been hyping himself up for this moment. She stays quiet and listens to him carefully.

Drew continues on to say, "I am so sorry. I broke such a special bond and relationship with you which I fully regret and will probably always regret for the rest of my life. I would do anything to take it all back, but I know it's impossible now, but all I ask is for your forgiveness for everything that I've done and said to hurt you in any way."

"Wait... before you say anything, I'm mostly sorry for breaking the most important promise I've made you ever since I laid eyes on you." He pauses when he sees the change of expression on her face. Blair knows exactly where this is going.

"I know I could never take me back for such a cruel mistake. A very stupid and horrible mistake. I've admitted it many times and will continue to admit it was all my fault because I don't ever want you to feel like you're the reason it all happened. You're not and will never be. It was all on me."

Drew sighs, breaking eye-contact with her as he can't handle what just came out of his mouth. Blair is stunned to speak. This is the first they've ever really brought the situation up one on one. The blonde boy shuts his eyes in shyness.

That's when he feels her hand touch his, intertwining her fingers with his. Drew shifts his eyes at both of their hands in strong contact and slowly moves up to look at her face. "Drew." She says his name.

"I forgave you a long time ago in acceptance of moving on." She tries to smile as a lump grows in her throat. "I never got to the point of telling you because a part of me was still—still stuck and afraid to ever converse with you ever again."

"I knew I couldn't avoid it forever. I'm sorry for making you feel so guilty for everything. I just lost myself when I lost you that night I found out about what happened." Her voice breaks down, but Blair manages to get her words out firmly.

"I guess no one's ever perfect for anything in this crazy world." He slides in a little joke to lighten up the mood. And it works, making Blair let out a cackle.

"Drew?" Blair raises her eyebrows. He hums for her to continue. "I'm really glad I accepted your offer to dinner tonight." Drew curls up a smile instantly, pulling her hand towards him to place a kiss on the top of her knuckles. "Me too."

BLAIR'S PHONE

the unfiltered therapists 💞

mads
b where's the update
abt last night??

bee
really mads 😭 we're
at a table read rn

mads
COME ONNNN

maddie
i was literally gonna
ask this after but
might as well spill RN