- Chapter 10 -

Ashley got up from the floor and went to her bed.

" What happened you don't look well " Her mother asked sitting beside her.

" Nothing just a bit dizzy. "

" This is why I always tell you to take of yourself. You can't sleep anywhere baby. "

" Okay okay..I just fall asleep. "

" Do you need any medicine ?." She is concerned.

" No I'll be fine. "

Her mother took her hand in hers.

" Ashley you have changed. Especially after your father's death. I know how tough it must be for you but you need to pull yourself together. "

She couldn't look at her mum's eyes.

" I know mum and I'm doing better than before. "

" I hope you also know how much we love you sweetie. You might think I don't care about you or compare you with your sister but that's not the case. You are also my baby and I am just worried about you . I don't want you to suffer. "

" I know you love me mum. But I also want you to know that I am old enough to make choices for myself. "

" Are you still mad at me because I opposed the idea of you being a writer"

" I'm not mad . I just wanted you to understand me. When I said I wanted to be a writer I really meant it. "

" I thought it was just a phase and you will soon get over it. But I see that's not the case. "

" I have always wanted to be a writer. I first told about my dream to dad when he was with us  , He was so happy and proud to me. "

" Ohh sweetie.. I'm proud of you as well . I'm so sorry if you ever felt otherwise. I should have tried to understand your feelings. But I chose to believe I know what's best for you. I am so sorry..."

" Mum it's okay...I know you were just worried for me. But I want you to trust in me and give me a chance. I will not disappoint you. "

" Sure darling..If you are determined then go for it , I'm rooting for you. " She hugged her. It's been so long they had a proper conversation.

" Me too !! " Her sister Amara came to them and jumped into a hug.

After a long time Ashley felt like she returned home. She felt the warmth she always missed. She could feel something has changed inside her but didn't know what.

After her mum and sister left she went to bed. But she couldn't sleep a bit. All she could think about was the vague dream . A dream about her and a man whom she can't remember. A man she fall in love with. A man who loved her back. Ashley felt like she remembered everything but when she tried to find it in her memories all she can see is emptiness. As if someone erased her memories. She looked at the mirror across the room. She doesn't know if it was a dream or she actually met her soulmate.

Next morning the first thing she did was went to the shop from where she bought the mirror. She needed answers. She was so confused about everything. She wanted to know if this mirror can actually teleport someone or she just dreamt about it. She wanted to believe it was just a dream but deep down she believed it can't be a dream. Though she didn't not remember anything but she could find a strange feeling inside her. She just couldn't figure out what it was.

The shop was at the end of the city. So Ashley drove here all the way. She parked the car and went out.

" Wait.. where's the shop ?? " She remembered it clearly. The shop was here but now...now it's gone. There's no trace. She started looking around in a hope that may be she forgot the place. But no there's nothing. She saw a man watering the plants in a garden.

" Hello sir ! Actually I was looking for a shop that sells vintage stuffs. An old lady is the owner. Can you tell me the direction ? "

" A vintage shop ?? Here ? I never saw anything like that at this place . " The man told her casually.

" Uhh  are you sure ? "

" Kid I'm living in this neighborhood for almost twenty years and I never saw a vintage shop. You have the wrong address. "

After excused herself she decided to ask others as well. But everyone said the same that they didn't know such shop exists here.

This can't be true. She for sure went to the shop , talked to the old lady and bought the mirror then how is it even possible..??
.
.
.
.
So what do you think ?? Was everything just a dream ?? Or something else...😳👀

Next chapter coming soon !! Happy reading until then 🌸💞