- Chapter 8 -

Last night Ashley decided to do something for Ryan. She can't change the past but she can atleast talk to the man who caused so much pain to Ryan. So when Ryan was making breakfast she took his phone and noted down his father's phone number.

" Hey Ryan ! I'm going out to get some fresh air. "

" Do you want me to come ? "

" Why ? Afraid you will miss me ? " She joked.

" Afraid that you will get lost. " Ryan rolled his eyes.

" I'll take care of myself. Don't worry. "

When they were out for morning walk yesterday she noticed a PCO near the park. Didn't know she will need it so soon.

Shutting the door behind , Ashley dialed the number . One ring. Two. Three. Four. Someone picked up.

" Hello..." The voice of half sleepy man came.

"Good morning . Is this Mr. Evan Sokolov ? "

" Yes... speaking "

" Is your business doing good Mr. Sokolov ? "

" Yes it is. But who are you ? A journalist ? "

" Ofcourse it has be . Afterall you sacrificed a whole family to become what you are today right "

" Wh-what are you talking about and who the hell are you ?? "

" My identity is not important here. I'm talking about what you did with your family. You were careless when your wife was fighting for her life. You abandoned your son when he needed you and now you are harassing him , humiliating him . Did you even know how badly it is hurting him. How you are lowering his confidence with your words. And then again You actually never cared about him right. All you  can think about is just money and power. "

He was silent for a while then spoke again " Who told you this ? "

" So after hearing everything you asked who told me this ? You really are so pathetic. "

" Listen ...I.."

" And sir...I hope you and your company just go to hell. Thank you very much"

she cut the call. She can't believe she said all that. Yes she acted on impulse but she had to teach that old man a lesson or two .

Coming back she saw Ryan talking to a man with his usual bored face  at the entrance. Ryan noticed her and smiled. Ashley stood beside him.

" He's Nate. He just moved in Nextdoor yesterday and wanted to say hi. And this is Ashley. " Ryan introduced them.

" Hii Ashley ! You are really beautiful. " Nate gave her a bright smile .

" Nice to meet you Nate and Thank you for the compliment. You are also very handsome. " She blushed.

" Ofcourse my girlfriend is beautiful. " Ryan said with an icy tone. He's glaring at Nate.

Nate and Ashley both looked at him. You can say she was more shocked than him. What was he saying and why ?

After a few minutes Nate excused himself , Ashley assumed because of the sudden change in Ryan's mood.

Ashley went inside behind him . " Why did you lie ? "

Ryan didn't look at her.
" If I didn't say this he would definitely hit on you . That guy looked like a certified playboy."

"And How did you know that ? You just met him today. " Ashley asked. She's curious. Heart beating so fast .

" One meeting is enough for me to know how's the person. You of all people should know that. "

" But still you can't lie about such a serious matter. "

" Because I didn't like it. " He turned around and faced her.

" You didn't like What ? "

" The way he was flirting with you and you were getting all red "

" Shut up ! I wasn't blushing. " Wait what did he say ? He didn't like Nate flirting with me. Is that mean he was jealous or am I delusion ??

" You will not talk to him again Ashley. I mean it "

"Why ? Are you jealous ? "

" Maybe I am. "

Ashley scoffed.
" Maybe ? Hypothetical. "

Ryan closed the distance between them.

" I am a gentleman Ashley. But not all the time. I do not like to share. "

What kind of Netflix series thing is happening with her ??? Not sure about earlier but now she definitely is all hot and bothered.

" I am going in my room." She walked passed him and went to her room. God that was something.
Phew.
.
.
.
.
Okayy !! so We love a Gentleman 😉 especially when he gets jealous >>>

Next chapter coming soon 🌸💞 :)