CHAPTER 15 YOUR SOCIAL STATUS

Mr. Benson has the status of being known as an experienced Civil Engineer the owner of several Housing Estates, gas, oil and petrol filling stations. But of late, some other things have been added to his status: the father of an armed Robber and a divorcee. News like these moves fast in the society.

No one is willing to engage the father of a notorious Assassin. Mr. Benson is no longer getting contracts, he is forced to live on his already acquired assets.

So whenever Johnny strikes, he is striking his father's health, who having being more and more concerned about the negative effect this is having on his reputation, has become a sick man; his blood pressure is now on the high side.

So Johnny is gradually driving his father to an early grave. All because his father failed to keep his marriage and showed Johnny the right way of life.

Now it is too late. Johnny is now the Mafia kingpin. At the service of the Mafias political Warlords. They can always count on him , he never misses target, he always does a clean job, leaving no traces behind.

This is what your son have become because you divorced his mother and Married another woman, abandoning him and the rest children in the hands of Bridget: your ex-wife who tolerated all you would not tolerate from the children, who could not tell Johnny no when she needed to.

Now all this are telling on your social status and by extention, your health.

Johnny was forced to grow in a single parent home with no one to teach him what is right or wrong. So becoming confused about the right way of life, he started using hard drugs and became addicted to them, and in his quest to maintain his drug habit , he stole and ended up in jail.

When in jail, he learned to murder from deadly prison inmates, and when out of prison, became a merciless Assassin. All because he never lived with you and when he did, all he could learn was swearing and fighting.

At the end you could not keep your marriage with his mother. Now it is too late to right the wrong.

Johnny has become a Mafia and have taken the Mafia oat never to retreat and never to surrender. He must go on assassinating people.

And whenever he strikes, he is striking at your health because of your concern about how his actions are affecting your social status.

Johnny has a Restaurant in the city established with the blood money he has been earning. There he prepared food that are bought by his Mafia friends and members of the public that does not know him well.

When children are returning from school, he sometimes invites them into his Restaurant to eat Free food, unknowing to them that they are eating blood gotten food.

That is why parents must warn their children against eating from strangers.

Johnny always carry out his deadly operations in mask so no one in public actually knows what Johnny looks like except those that grew up with him in the neighborhood, who knew how his father divorced his mother and how Johnny grew to become the most lawless man in the society.

Johnny is yet to be caught as an Assassin. When that happens, that would possibly lead to his end as prophesied in his nightmares by those he killed.

As it is too late - as he thinks - for Johnny to turn back from his deadly ways, so it is too late for Mr. Benson to right the wrong. Now he is a sick Man.
Waiting for the day when he will see this cruel life - as it were - no more.

Little did he know that the day of his death was to come soon.

On one faithful morning, as Mr. Benson was about taken his bath, he slumped and Benice his new wife found him dead.