[ 𝟏𝟗 ]: 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞

for a second , maggie was worried the baby wasn't alive

for a second , maggie was worried the baby wasn't alive. thankfully she started crying. it was a baby girl.

ruby and maggie opted out on shooting lori so she wouldn't turn , leaving carl , her own son to shoot her.

maggie and ruby walked ahead. the gun shot rung out in the air and carl walked forward not facing maggie nor ruby.

in those few seconds ruby knew he had the mindset of a real man now. ruby always teased him saying he wasn't a man but what he just did , took guts.

just a year ago ruby was mentally stronger then carl , now he was stronger. he was in a better mindset. maybe not at the moment. but he was.

ruby wiped her tears as she walked behind maggie and carl.

the three and the small baby walked along the halls , grieving in silence.

though ruby wiped her tears they still fell from her eyes , making it no use of wiping them. finally they came upon the last door to the outside.

they saw the group waiting as if they stood there so they all showed up in one piece. and alive.

the baby's cries filled the air causing rick to look back at them. ruby walked forward and stopped as rick got closer. she looked forward almost distraught.

more tears feel as rick asked where lori was. ruby's heart broke for carl and rick. and for the baby who wouldn't grow up with a mother.

ruby made a promise with herself to keep this baby safe. lori wanted the best for her baby. and ruby would protect her till her own final words.

carl tried hard not to cry and beth came up to ruby and hugged her as she silently cried. glenn gave maggie a hug.

everyone was just standing there grieving silently for the lost beautiful soul.

finally a few minutes later and the silence was over. rick seemed away.

faded almost.

carl got ahold of the baby and passed it to hershel.

"the good news is she seems healthy. but she needs formula. and soon or she won't survive." hershel explained thoroughly.

daryl scoffed. "nope. no way not her , we ain't losing nobody else. i'm going for a run." daryl spoke.

maggie and glenn both volunteered. ruby also volunteered and daryl gave her a knowing look.

"please?" ruby asked wiping away her tears. finally they stopped falling.

glenn shook his head. "no. you're staying here." glenn ordered her. she sighed and walked inside hoping walkers weren't in the cell block of their own.