Chapter 1: The Return to Dragonstone

*At the Dragon's Pit in Kings Landing with Rhaenyra and her family saddling up making sure they have everything in the early morning*
~Third Person's POV~
The sun had barely risen when the Targaryen family prepared to depart from King's Landing. The sky was painted in hues of pink and orange, casting a warm glow over the bustling courtyard. Servants had hurried to and from loading the last of the onto the dragons. I had stood by her dragon Vespera my fingers gently stroking the creature's smooth scales. I glanced over my shoulder my eyes were scanning the crowd for a familiar face just as I was about to give up, I had spotted Aemond striding towards me his expression was unreadable.

Once we were in front of the other Aemond greeted me "Rosalia," his voice steady "I wanted to see you off." I had offered him a small smile "Thank you Aemond it means alot." He nodded his gaze intense "Remember what we talked about last night our engagement is just the beginning we have much to navigate but we will do it together." I felt a surge of determination "I know and I am ready for whatever comes our way." Aemond's lips curved into a rare smile "Safe travels Rosalia I will see you soon." With a final nod Rosalia climbed onto Vespera's back my heart pounding with a mix of excitement and trepidation.

Play video:

As the dragon took to the skies, I cast one last look at Aemond who stood watching my departure with an unwavering gaze. The journey to Dragonstone was swift the wind whipping through my hair as Vespera soared above the clouds. When they finally landed on the rocky shores of our ancestral home, Rosalia felt a sense of relief and familiarity wash over her. My family and I dismounted our dragons, and my father Prince Daemon approached me "Welcome home Rosalia, I trust that your time in Kings Landing was productive," after he dismounted his dragon Caraxes. I nodded "Yes father the engagement was announced without any issues you were their father." Prince Daemon's eyes softened "Good, I do remember now I must've left early your mother had to rest and she didn't want to be alone but for now we all must rest." Then I made my way to my chambers I couldn't help but think of Aemond and the promise we had made to each other.

Play video:

Despite the challenges that lay ahead she felt a newfound strength and resolve this was only the beginning of our journey and I was ready to face it head-on.

Pic of Vespera and Rosalia:

~Princess Rosalia's POV~